[Support request] How to edit {{custom_field.page_header_slug}}

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to edit {{custom_field.page_header_slug}}

Home Forums Support How to edit {{custom_field.page_header_slug}}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John

Where is the page header slug updated? also, page header body? I’m trying to modify the head on theme and couldn’t find the text. also curious how custom fields are stored or I would just overwrite the h2.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Page Headers don’t have a slug (you can’t view them like a page or post), and it doesn’t have any post content (it uses a custom field for the content).

The template tag can be used to display custom fields, which are added to the individual pages or posts that the Page Header is applied to.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

John

Thank you, Tom. Maybe I’m being oblivious. I guess I’m still wondering where the h2 text “support your headline” and p text “a simple introduction to your offer” is stored. It appears to be custom fields that are being fed from somewhere.

Big head has:

<h1>{{post_title}}</h1>
    <h2>{{custom_field.page_header_slug}}</h2>
    <p>{{custom_field.page_header_body}}</p>
    <a href="{{custom_field.page_header_url}}" class="button">{{custom_field.page_header_label}}</a>

where are these custom_fields located? Thanks buddy!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, while you’re editing each post or page, look for the “Custom Fields” metabox. If you don’t see it, click the “Screen Options” link at the top right of the page, and make sure “Custom Fields” is checked.

Now you’ll see the Custom Fields metabox, which should contain those values (if they’re set for that page).

Let me know πŸ™‚

John

OK mind blown. Never noticed that before! I’ve used ACF on my site, but have no idea this functionality was here. What’s plugin is providing this or where is this coming from? I think that’s my last question.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Custom Fields metabox? It’s a core WordPress feature πŸ™‚

Jon

Wow. Definitely never knew the custom fields were there. Mind blown. Glad to have found the answer right at the source well over a year later πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.