[Resolved] How to do fancy menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to do fancy menu

Home Forums Support How to do fancy menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hazel

A client whose site I built on GP Premium has asked me if I can replicate a fancy menu setup she’s seen on another non-WordPress site. That site is https://www.accessconsciousness.com/en and you’ll see that that when you hover over the ABOUT menu option, you get the sub-menu. So far, so easy, but when you hover over the sub-menu options such as WHAT IS ACCESS, you get the live link as usual but you also get a pop-up info box.
    Is there any way of implementing a similar feature under GP?
    Many thanks, GP is the greatest.

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You could potentially use a plugin like this to add a widget as a sub-menu item: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widgets-in-menu/

You’ll likely need to style it a bit with CSS.

Otherwise, you could likely use a mega menu plugin (there’s tons of them out there).

Hazel

Thanks Tom, I’ll give it a go.

P.S. I have been experimenting with the site library. It’s great but I reckon it would really help if they all had a page explaining what was going on and a shopping list of the required picture sizes. An example would be the pagebuilder-free blog site with the header at the left. Quick installation instruction including how it was done, how to adjust it and how to add to the social icons and activate the newsletter link. I did figure it all out eventually but brief instructions on where to look for the settings would have been welcome. Also educational.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree – each site needs a documentation page with details on how to change things. It’s something we’re working on 🙂

Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.