[Support request] How to display the date of the last update of my posts in Google

Home Forums Support How to display the date of the last update of my posts in Google

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eduard sans

Hi there, I am working on this blog where every post displays the date of the last update. Nevertheless, it doesn’t show these updated dates in Google search results. I’d like to know how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    eduard sans

Thanks! I added the code above. On the website everything seems fine but on Google results are still showing the old date. Do we have to wait for some time for it to work?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Should have to wait for their database to clear.

eduard sans

Hi there, it’s been 2 weeks and still not working. We tried to re-index them to see whether the database would refresh and nothing. Any other ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Since you’re using JSON LD in Yoast, it may be worth removing the schema added by the theme:

add_filter( 'generate_schema_type', '__return_false' );

Then, as long as your JSON LD has the date added, Google should pick it up and display it.

eduard sans

Hi Tom, sorry for the late reply but where should I add that line of code? in the functions.php file? or as a hook in elements?

¨Then, as long as your JSON LD has the date added, Google should pick it up and display it.”

What do you mean by that? How can I double-check that the JSON adds the date? Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yes, that code goes in your child theme functions.php.

Yoast automatically adds the JSON LD to the head of the page, checked your site and it contains the datePublished and dateModified meta.

Google makes the decision on what date to display, there is no clear answer on how that works – but some key factors from past SEO expert tests is:

1. The meta date you wish to be displayed is also visible to users – not sure if thats as relevant today.
    2. It deems the content has been updated since the last crawl. Just updating the date is a bit of a hack that it seems to dislike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.