[Support request] How to disable Woocommerce in "seller" theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to disable Woocommerce in "seller" theme

Home Forums Support How to disable Woocommerce in "seller" theme

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kunal

I just became a premium member, and love the Seller theme. I have a stamp collection that I want to showcase, and the Seller theme is ideal. The only thing is I don’t want any links to a shopping cart.

Ie
    -no “Add to Cart” on the homepage (which has all the product
    -no shopping cart icon or amount ($) in the cart in the top horizontal navigation

When you click on any of the products
    -I don’t want “add to cart” button
    – I don’t want the quantity input box
    – I don’t want the sale price (under the product header)

Hoow do I do this?

Thanks!!
    Kunal

GeneratePress 2.1.4
    GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry so are you using any specific features from WooCommerce?

Just trying to see if there are any alternatives.

Let me know 🙂

kunal

Hi Leo, no, I’m not using any specific features.

All I did was install the generate theme premium, and activated the “seller” theme. I haven’t even started the website as yet or inputed anything. I just want to disable the whole shopping cart feature so I can just insert pictures and descriptions without the option of buying or seeing a cart.

thanks
    Kunal

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

just go to Plugins > Woocommerce and De-activate it and if need be delete it.

kunal

Hi David, thanks. I tried that, however:
    – on homepage: the cart icon (on the navigation horizontal bar) still shows. I don’t want it to show
    – on homepage: the “add to cart” still shows under each product. I don’t want the add to cart button
    – in each product: the QUANTITY and ADD TO CART button still shows. I don’t want them to show.

How do I remove the ADD TO CART button, the QUANTITY box, and the shopping cart with price on the top header navigation bar

Everything else I like. I like the picture with the magnification tool. I like the layout of the description and the mini description beside the product picture.

THanks!
    Kunal

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Having WooCommerce installed without using it as a store might be overkill function and performance wise.. Have you looked at any Portfolio plugins yet? Some of them might offer a similar layout?

If not, we can use CSS to hide those specific elements.

1. To remove the cart from the navigation, go to Customize > Layout > WooCommerce and disable the cart menu item.

2. Add this CSS:

.woocommerce form.cart {
        display: none !important;
    }
    kunal

Thanks Tom, I’ll try this out. No I haven’t looked at any other plugins. that’s why I bought the premium version of your product, because I wanted something that I can use right away.

You mentioned that if I don’t use the woocommerce plugin, that it would cause performance issues to my site??

(1) If I just delete the woocomerce plugin (currently I just have it disabled, per the recommendation from David, one of the GP developers who posted in this thread, see above), would this have an issue to my site, if I’m not using any woocommerce/shopping cart functionality?

(2) couldn’t you guys just provide me where to delete code in the source .php files that have the “add to cart”, produce quantity box (I’ve listed the 2-3 items above)?

Thanks guys, we are almost there!!

Kunal

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You shouldn’t have any performance issues. WooCommerce itself is pretty heavy, but it is optimized.

You would need WooCommerce active in order to keep the specific functionality you’re wanting.

Perhaps this tutorial will help?: https://businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-how-to-enable-catalog-mode/

kunal

Thanks Tom, so circling back to the original question, if we keep woocommerce plugin installed (but deactive), can’t we just comment out the specific php lines of code that output this “add to cart” button and quantity box?

(1) Which lines of code and php files has to be modified to comment out the (a) add to cart button on the homepage (b) add to cart button on each product page (3) quantity box on each product page

Thanks
    Please help
    Kunal

kunal

I really don’t understand this… I paid for a premium GP service as I thought there could be support for modifying a theme that was paid for… and the link you’re sending is that I have to pay for another premium plugin instead of just getting the solutions in regards to the theme that your company sells?

If that was the case, I would have just bought that service in the first place!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you want to use WooCommerce specific features (like the magnifying glass), the plugin must remain active.

The CSS I gave you will remove the add to cart and quantity fields.

.woocommerce form.cart {
        display: none !important;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Alternatively, the code on that site I linked you to will do the same thing:

add_action( 'init', function() {
        remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'woocommerce_template_loop_add_to_cart', 10 );
        remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_add_to_cart', 30 );
        remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 10 );
        remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item_title', 'woocommerce_template_loop_price', 10 );
    } );

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

That article also lists multiple free plugins that do what you’re after instead of the code above.

It also lists two premium plugins as options, but you don’t need to go that route at all. There are many other options available.

kunal

Thanks Tom!

Just to confirm-
    (1) are both of those snippets you provided above do the same result?

(2) And I can just copy/paste either of those snippets (if they do the same result) into just the css page? I don’t have to do anything else with any of the individual php themes pages?

(3) and just to confirm, I have to activate the woocommerce plugin (at present, it is deactive)

Thank you!!
    Kunal

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. They should have the same results. However, the CSS will HIDE the stuff, while the PHP will actually remove it from the source of the page.

2. The CSS can be added using these methods: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

The PHP can be added using these methods: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

3. Yes, WooCommerce would have to be active in order for any of this to work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.