[Resolved] How to delete spurious container?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to delete spurious container?

Home Forums Support How to delete spurious container?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Website Psychiatrist

In experimenting with the GP tools, I sometimes discover that I’ve got an extra depth of containers going on. Basically I have a container, and the only thing in it is a container. That sub-container holds all of the content. I’ve discovered where this causes me problems, and I try to eliminate that spurious container, but none of my efforts have been fruitful.

I’ve got to believe that there’s a way to pull that spurious container without having to manually move everything to the next higher container. (Which needless to say is very frustrating and time consuming.

Even if there’s not a GUI way to do this, I’d be open to a way of removing it at a markup level (even if I have to be very, very careful).

Thanks,
    Bill

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Website Psychiatrist

Sure! Pertinent info below.

The page looks horrible on mobile and I think it’s because I’ve got an extra layer of containers going on that I also have extra padding instead of the mobile render showing full width.

Regardless, I know I’m complicating my life when I have an extra layer of containers in my layout.

Thanks!
    Bill

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry – is your question about how to delete that second Container without deleting the grid inside of it?

Website Psychiatrist

Yes. Exactly.

I had a thought: Could GeneratePress automatically remove a container that only contains another container?

I can’t believe that I’m the only one out there accidentally sabotaging themselves with unintentionally nesting containers.

Thanks!
    Bill

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I had a thought: Could GeneratePress automatically remove a container that only contains another container?

Definitely not – that would be bad if someone does want to use that layout.

You should be able to drag the grid wrapper out of the container though as Gutenberg allows you drag blocks around:
    https://www.pair.com/support/kb/gutenberg-editor-how-to-rearrange-blocks/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.