[Resolved] How to customize sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to customize sidebar

Home Forums Support How to customize sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nanette

I am using generate press with modified Merch theme for a magazine design look information site. I created specific industry posts and categorized them as Industries. then I created application posts for each industry and categorized them as applications. Each application posts are tagged with a specific word to link them to a specific industry. Now I want each industry post page to have a sidebar listing the application posts specific to that industry.

Q: How would you suggest I do that? Right now when I change the layout to a have a sidebar it just pulls all the recent posts. I did set the category to applications so now it lists all the applications, but how do I limit it to just applications specific to that industry for each industry page?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just to confirm, you want the sidebar to list posts that have the same tag as the post currently being viewed?

I’m not sure if a plugin exists for something like that. It might be something you need to get coded for you.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Nanette

No not the same tag as the Main post. Let me break it down

Industry Post for Alcohol
    -Application Post of industry tagged beer, Liquor
    -Application of industry tagged wine, Liquour

Industry Page sidebar with Applications all tagged Liquor

Categories:
    Industries
    Applications

Tags
    Beer, Liquor

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m still not sure I fully understand, but from the sounds of it, you’re likely going to need a custom solution. It might be worth getting some quotes from a service like codeable.io.

Nanette

Thanks for the tip Tom, I found someone who can code it to my specifications. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.