[Support request] how to create page template or element, elementor, printing

Home Forums Support how to create page template or element, elementor, printing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly

I know that title encompasses a lot. I have GP pro, but free version of Elementor.

I was in the midst of creating a post that I wanted to use for a template for other posts. I have never done this before so not sure what I am doing.

In the process I was attempting to include a button/plugin for being able to print the page and/or create a pdf. The template is intended to be for entering lesson plans using the same modules and layout from Elementor, but I want to be able to print them. All of the plugins I have tried formats the print/pdf in a vertical alignment of all of the elements. The only one I got to work to show a pdf in an order that matches my page was PDF & Print by BestWebSoft. BUT it also showed the header, background, etc.

That is when I went into GP and created an Element based on a post category, and then turned off everything but content. However, I am still seeing the background, borders, etc.

I may be going about this all wrong, so excuse me for the rookie questions and it may have nothing to do with GP!

All I want to do be able to do is print the lesson plan as it is on the page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

So you basically want the plugin to ignore the border and background image when printing?

If so you might need to check with the plugin support to see if it has the ability to exclude some elements.

Let me know if this helps or I’m misunderstanding something 🙂

Kimberly

Yes, I figured this wasn’t going to make much sense. I guess I am asking more about the Elements vs a custom page layout. Ignore the issue with print/pdf. I will contact the plugin author and see about that aspect.

So what would be a better method of getting a different page layout – one that doesn’t have header, background, footer – basically just white for the most part for better printing:
    1. Changing the category posts through Elements, or
    2. Creating a separate custom template

If Elements will work, how do I change the background to white and get rid of the content borders?
    If I have to do a custom page, I will have to research the best way to do that…have never done that before.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think a custom post type is what you are looking for.
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-custom-post-types-in-wordpress/

Element can’t be used to remove the background color etc but that can be done with some CSS easily.

Do you happen to have a category for those printing posts?

If not you can try adding a printing category then we can help with some CSS.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.