[Resolved] How to create new navigation location and display using elements?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to create new navigation location and display using elements?

Home Forums Support How to create new navigation location and display using elements?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William

I need to create a navigation that will reside on only a handful of pages. I would like the client to be able to mange this via menus, and I’ll include it via elements & display rules.

Leveraging the existing Secondary Menu might work; but how would I stop displaying that globally, and instead include it via elements & display rules?

Ideally I would be able to create a new menu and then include it via elements & display rules – maybe using a shortcode? I say this because the client *may* want more than one new navigation, specific to certain content areas.

Many thanks, Will

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can hook the secondary navigation using a Hook Element with this code:

<div class="second-nav grid-container">
    	<?php generate_secondary_navigation_position(); ?>	
    </div>

Select the Hook where you want to place it.
    Check the Execute PHP checkbox.
    And set your display rules.

In the Customizer > Layout > Secondary Naviagation set the Location to No Navigation.

To create different navigation instances will be difficult and require custom development. Instead i would suggest a plugin like:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/if-menu/

or

https://wordpress.org/plugins/conditional-menus/

William

That works perfectly for this purpose, thank you very much!!!

In the future, if we could create new menu locations easily that would help.

Best regards, Will

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.