[Resolved] How to change format of post archive

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to change format of post archive

Home Forums Support How to change format of post archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dkrgen

Hello, I have GeneratePress Pro but I’m new to creating archive pages for posts, also new to using Gutenberg and GenerateBlocks. Hoping there is an easy way to change how a blog archive looks. I did explore the Appearance -> Customize -> Layout -> Blog options, but not sure how to make it look the way I want.

As an example, when I click on a date range to see what posts were published during that time, the default layout seems to be a single column list of:
    – Post Title
    – Date by Author
    – Featured Image
    – Post Excerpt

I would rather have it laid out in 2 columns, with a featured image thumbnail in a 25% left column, and the following in a 75% right column:
    -Post Title Link
    -Excerpt

Is there an easy way to do this, whether it’s GenerateBlocks or something else?

I’m also using Toolset.com if you think it would be better to create a custom post type and customize the archive for that post type (although I did start to go down that road and found it to be fairly challenging).

Thanks for any advice!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Under Customizer > Layout > Blog you will find the se settings:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/

Under there you will find settings for Achives & Posts where you can enable / disable the post meta you dont need.

and then the featured image settings

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

To create that layout your Archive Featured Images should be:

Set Location to Above Title.
    Set Alignment Left
    Select Media Attachment one of your smaller sizes.

Let us know

dkrgen

Thanks… I did the above and still couldn’t get it to work… but then after much trial and error, scrolled down further and saw the checkbox for displaying the archive in columns or not. Haha it was there the whole time ๐Ÿ˜€ I unchecked it and all is well! Love GeneratePress, you guys think of everything!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.