[Resolved] How to bold H1 title tag

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to bold H1 title tag

Home Forums Support How to bold H1 title tag

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott

Hi guys,

I was after a bit of help regarding the H1 title tags, please.

I have read a few support posts here and on WordPress but I am not having much luck.

In the CSS, the font-weight for H1 is showing as “300;” and other posts suggest editing it to “bold;”

I have done this, but it didn’t make any change.

Other posts have suggested disabling elements and adding the H1 tag independently, but if I do this, I only seem to get options in Gutenberg for H2 onwards.

The only way I have found that works is to use < strong > in the title, but this looks messy when sharing.

Does anyone have any other ideas for me please? I am not particularly experienced in WordPress and don’t want to break anything!

Thanks in advance

Scott

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

first off make sure you have the Typography module activated in Dashboard > Appearance > GeneratePress. Then in the Customizer > Typography > Headings you can select the font weight.

Make sure you have no CSS in the Additional CSS that would be overwriting this.

As a note – in Gutenberg, you will be able to select the H1 – H6 tags from the Settings Sidebar when you have a heading widget selected.

Scott

Thank you so much, David.

I had been trying everything except the option that was right under my nose!

You’re a star, thanks again 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.