- This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Krunal.
July 6, 2016 at 2:35 am #206922Krunal
This is my client website http://gunsafestorageguide.com/ how do I add “Posts” In the menu? Or Create a Dropdown menu “Reviews” Under which I’d like to add “Posts”.
Any help would be highly appreciatedJuly 6, 2016 at 2:57 am #206925Jamal
Have a look here at the knowledgebase: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/
There you can find instructions on how to make a drop-down menu, then you can add your posts there. You might want first to create a blank “reviews” page.
In case you don’t see the posts option, check screen options at the top of “Appearance” > “Menus”July 6, 2016 at 3:05 am #206928Krunal
I will check this 🙂 Appreciate your quick revertJuly 6, 2016 at 6:52 am #206960Krunal
I tried adding the drop down menu after creating a new blank page of reviews and following the steps that was shown. But if I opt for Primary menu it looks like this http://gunsafestorageguide.com/ I do not want my original page to hide and have hamburger menu.
I want to show menu as this ratedacnetreatments.com
Can you please helpJuly 6, 2016 at 8:14 am #206972Jamal
I think what you did is create a whole new menu instead of adding the “Reviews” page to the your existing menu and then adding the posts as drop down menus.
Please delete the new menu and add the page plus the drop down menu (posts) to your existing menu as you would add any other page. Now assign this menu as “Primary Menu” and not “Slide-out menu”.
Hope i’m explaining better this time, otherwise just ask i’m here to help as much as i can.
July 6, 2016 at 8:26 am #206977Krunal
- This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Jamal.
Thanks for helping out.. I deleted the menu now I do not see any Menu so where do I add the page plus the drop down to my existing menu? I see no existing menuJuly 6, 2016 at 8:42 am #206979JamalJuly 6, 2016 at 9:28 am #206997TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Looking good so far!
One tip – no need to create a blank page for Reviews. Just create a custom link with # as the URL: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/#create-drop-down-menu-customJuly 6, 2016 at 11:43 am #207023Krunal
I unfortunately do not see any menu. See the image attached
Here’s the link to image http://i65.tinypic.com/21curyt.png
July 6, 2016 at 12:14 pm #207033Jamal
- This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Krunal.
In that case please do this:
– Create a new menu and add your pages as normal.
– Create a custom link following Tom’s post above (Thanks Tom, always learning new stuff here)
– Add your posts to the menu and drag them under the custom link you created.
– Assign your menu as primary menu.July 6, 2016 at 12:25 pm #207035Krunal
Hi @Jamal and @Tom,
I am almost there.. But I still see hamburger menu http://gunsafestorageguide.com/
Following are the steps I followed
- Appearance > Menu
- Create new Menu
- Added all pages into the menu
- Added custom Menu like shown here https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/#create-drop-down-menu-custom
- Checked Primary Menu
July 6, 2016 at 1:31 pm #207049Jamal
- This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
I think i know the problem:
Under “Appearance >Customize >Menu Plus >Slideout menu” See if you have slideout menu set to both desktop and mobile. If yes, either disable for both or enable it for mobile only.
If that’s not it, i’m afraid i have reached the limit of my little knowledge 🙂July 6, 2016 at 10:47 pm #207138Krunal
You did it 😉 http://gunsafestorageguide.com/ thanks it works now
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.