[Support request] How to add and format blog post subtitles

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to add and format blog post subtitles

Home Forums Support How to add and format blog post subtitles

• This topic has 24 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stephanie,

Glad you decided to give it another shot!

I can’t quite see the screenshot but can you test to see what happens if you deactivate Rich Text Excerpts?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I just tested with GP + Subtitles + Rich Text Excerpts activated and had no problem.
    Also tested with Twenty Fifteen + Subtitles + Rich Text Excerpts and again no problem.

Can you make sure you are using the most recent version of WordPress (4.7.2), GP theme (1.3.44) and Premium (1.2.94)?

And try it with all other plugins deactivated.

Stephanie

Yes, all of those are fully up to date.

How can I show you this broken code? Really quite frustrating. Would love you to look at it, as it’s obvious there’s malformed HTML, even to an amateur eye.

(Deactivating RTE is too risky for loss of content; anyway, it doesn’t seem to be the variable. Deactivating all other plug-ins will make my site fall apart in too many places.)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does the plugin have an option for you to manually place the subtitle into the template?

Stephanie

Hi Tom

I don’t think so. But what would that look like? πŸ™‚

Speaking with Subtitles support they pointed me to this info, and say that the theme developer should be able to implement the remedy. Are they right?

There’s Weird HTML Showing Up On My Site!

I can almost guarantee that the reason this is happening is because your theme developer is using either the_title or get_the_title in places where they should not be used. This is a theme bug, not a plugin bug. When titles are used as attributes, the appropriate template tag to use is the_title_attribute, never the_title.

Please see these long threads as examples of what happens when themes conflict with Subtitles.

From: https://github.com/professionalthemes/Subtitles#theres-weird-html-showing-up-on-my-site

Otherwise they suggest coding the subtitles, which may be tricky for the likes of me.

Thank you πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, that’s a bug! Just fixed it for the next version.

If you’d like, I can patch it on your install so you don’t need to wait for the update. If you’re interested, feel free to send me temporary admin login details: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Stephanie

Hooray. That’s good news. Thanks Tom.

I will send you the details…

Willya

Subtitles plugin is not working anymore. Any solution for me? πŸ™
    I really want to add subtitle below site-title, but locate above the entry-meta (author, date, comments).

Please somebody can give me some instructions?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for raising a new topic Willya πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.