[Resolved] How to add an underline text decoration on a GenerateBlocks Headline

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to add an underline text decoration on a GenerateBlocks Headline

Home Forums Support How to add an underline text decoration on a GenerateBlocks Headline

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

I know how to add an underline decoration text using HTML and CSS, but how could I achieve something similar when I use a GenerateBlocks Headline?
    I would like to use this type of text-decoration only for a few words in the headline, a concrete example is Mike Oliver’s website homepage.
    May I have your advice, please?

Thank you!

David

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in.
    It is using some custom CSS to add this to the ‘highlight’ class – the highlight feature allows you to choose a selected block of text and select highlight from the menu.

.highlight {
        box-shadow: 0px -6px 0px rgba(22,123,224,1) inset;
    }

HTH, Dave

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks David for jumping in ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hi Marcel,

In the Headline block, select and highlight the string of text, in the block toolbar click the drop down arrow and select highlight. Then apply Davids CSS

Marcel

Thank you, guys!

Maybe I am doing something wrong, it is just not working.
    I selected and highlighted the string of text, and applied David’s CSS on the Simple CSS plugin metabox.

David

Try changing it to .gb-highlight { etc…

ps – you won’t see it until you view the page – it does not render while editing!

Marcel

Thank you, David. Using .gb-highlight{… instead of .highlight {… solved the problem.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

glad to hear you found the answer – and Thanks David for jumping in ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob Iasillo

I highlighted text and used Ctrl U and it worked. Took me way too long to figure this out. Should I not mix and match wordpress functions like that?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I highlighted text and used Ctrl U and it worked. Took me way too long to figure this out. Should I not mix and match wordpress functions like that?

That’s fine. It’s a matter of preference. The main difference is, CTRL+U does the style inline while other means are usually through external CSS writeups.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.