[Resolved] How SEO might be affected when switching to GeneratePress theme?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How SEO might be affected when switching to GeneratePress theme?

Home Forums Support How SEO might be affected when switching to GeneratePress theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello Tom and fellow GP’ers,

I hope you are well!

I wanted to ask if there’s anything I should consider when switching to the GeneratePress theme in terms of how it might affect the SEO of a website?

From what I gather, if a WordPress website uses a SEO plugin like Yoast and if the SEO isn’t hardcoded into the theme, there shouldn’t be any problems switching to a new theme? I’m switching from Envato to GP if that helps. The website has a very well established Google placement – often at the top, so not breaking it is paramount.

I would love to hear advice from people who may have experiences in this area, and I’m sure information would be valuable for those who may be wondering the same!

All the best

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

From what I gather, if a WordPress website uses a SEO plugin like Yoast and if the SEO isn’t hardcoded into the theme, there shouldn’t be any problems switching to a new theme?

I would agree with this. As long as the URLs aren’t changing (themes don’t touch those), and all of the meta data is left intact (using a plugin takes care of that), you shouldn’t run into any issues.

Of course, things like the speed of your website makes a difference, so you might actually get a boost there if GP is faster than the old theme.

GP also has built in schema.org meta data, which should also help with SEO.

Of course, search engines aren’t predictable, so I can’t guarantee anything – but I’d be comfortable making the switch.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If anyone has anything to add then definitely feel free! 🙂

Mike

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the reassuring response! I also believe there shouldn’t be any issues.

Of course, things like the speed of your website makes a difference, so you might actually get a boost there if GP is faster than the old theme.

I would be hard-pressed to find anything faster out there! 🙂

GP also has built in schema.org meta data, which should also help with SEO.

GP has one of the finest schema.org meta data built-in I’ve seen and I’m looking forward to seeing how it can improve SEO performance on websites I’m working with!

Keep up the good work Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! If you have any other questions or concerns just let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.