[Resolved] How do I set up a centered drop-down menu bar?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I set up a centered drop-down menu bar?

Home Forums Support How do I set up a centered drop-down menu bar?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Loguidice

Hi, I’m trying to create a drop-down menu bar on my homepage for each of my 2nd level topics, about 7 total. I’d like them to be under the header, horizontally across the page (like what you see on this page – HOME ADD-ONS SUPPORT etc.). However, I haven’t been able to figure out how to add drop-menus at all. At this point I don’t have any content on my site so I’m not sure if that makes a difference? Could you direct me how to do this (I’m using wordpress)?

Also, I created menus for each category, but there was an option to designate one primary menu and one secondary menu. I don’t know if that’s related. Do I need any kind of add-ons for this?

Thank you!
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

You can add drop menus by going to “Appearance > Menus”.

You simply have to add your items to the menu, then drag and drop them so they’re indented under their parent menu items.

More info on menus here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

Let me know if this helps or not πŸ™‚

Michael Loguidice

Hi Tom,

Thanks for you help! I’m still not sure if I’m even asking the right question. But what I’m looking to do is make a Horizontal Menu Bar, appearing just under the header. Each topic I cover on my site would be a drop-down menu, so I’d need to have about 7 listed horizontally. I’ve only managed to get 1 menu to appear horizontally. I’ve also noticed that the Theme Location allows for only 1 primary menu and 1 secondary menu. Does that mean only 1 menu can appear in the Horizontal Menu Bar for this theme? Would I need another add-on?

Maybe you can see my site and get an idea of what I mean? truehealthtruelife.com

Thanks again!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

You should only have to use the Primary menu for the menu under the header.

We have a Secondary Nav addon if you want a second navigation.

Looking at your site, I see that you’ve only added one menu item – you can add more by select them on the left side of the “Appearance > Menus” area, and then clicking “Add to Menu”.

They will then appear in the area on the right – this is where you can drag and drop to order them, and indent the child menu items under the parent items (to create a dropdown).

That should achieve the effect that you’re looking for, if I’m understanding correctly ( I don’t always! πŸ™‚ )

Michael Loguidice

That should do it Tom! Thanks so much, I’m a bit slow in figure out these basics. I appreciate your patience and quick repsonse!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Jahidur

Thanks for your tips and i will try on my own website.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.