[Resolved] How do I customize GP to make a Magazine/News website?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I customize GP to make a Magazine/News website?

Home Forums Support How do I customize GP to make a Magazine/News website?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Akpan Promise

I suppose the theme author is busy with quite a number of emails as of now.
    Firstly, I love this theme because it comes with schema.org, a mark up Google, Yahoo, Bing and other Search Engines really love. And when you test the website on Google webmaster’s rich snippet tool, you won’t see any errors. (try it!)
    So the theme got a 100% on that SEO part.

GeneratePress has 8 widget areas, 5 navigation positions, 5 sidebar layouts and much more.

Secondly, the site i am using this them for is not really a blog, but a magazine/news website, so how do i customize it to actually look like one?

Thirdly, How do i add font awesome’s icons on the website?, for social media links.

i ask this openly, instead of privately with the author, so that I and others will learn from what the author and other developers have to say.

Lastly. tips to speeden the website, because, it shows 48-50% on mobile and 58-72% on desktop, from Google pagespeed insights.I believe the website can do better

The website is Factwide

Thank you so much!, well done in creating this amazing theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

2. The closest thing we have to a magazine set up at this time is the Masonry option in our Blog add-on. Other than that, you would have to make customizations to the theme using a child theme to alter the output of the blog to meet your needs.

3. Font Awesome is built in, so simply use the HTML as demonstrated on their website: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icon/bed/ (for example).

4. You can speed up the site by using caching and optimizing all of your images.

It looks like you’ve moved on to a different theme, but I figured I would answer these questions anyways.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Akpan Promise

Great theme, and timely support. Tom.
    I have emailed you on what next to do.
    Thanks πŸ™‚

Sven

Hello Akban,
    hello Tom,

great layout on http://factwide.com/

How’s that done? I’m very interested in that magazine layout, too… I appreciate your help!

Best regards, Sven

Akpan Promise

Hi Sven,
    I used a premium theme Newspaper 6 by Tagdiv.

But I am sure Tom is available to do custom work and is really good at what he does.

Have a great day.
    Akpan Promise

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can integrate a plugin like this into GP: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-tiles/

I’m also working on a new plugin that will be able to achieve something similar πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.