[Resolved] How do I create this container style?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I create this container style?

Home Forums Support How do I create this container style?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robin

I’m trying to copy the style used by Andre Chaperon on his site here: https://tinylittlebusinesses.com/zettelkasten-method/

As you can see, the H1 title is wider than the body text, and when there is an image in the body, it is also wider than the text. Same goes for one of his quotations.

I’ve tried “Inspecting” the page, but can’t see the settings he uses. I’m pretty certain he uses generatepress.

Any help much appreciated.

I am using the beta-version 1.8 of GP on my site.

TIA

Robin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Robin

Thanks Leo, I see those links all relate to the header, but how do I…

“…and when there is an image in the body, it is also wider than the text. Same goes for one of his quotations.”

Cheers

Robin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Robin

Thanks for your help Leo. Much appreciated. I’ll tinker over the weekend.

Robin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Some alternatives:

If you use the Gutenberg Block editor then most blocks have the align-wide option. This extends the block to the width or the container. To replicate that in the normal editor you can try this CSS:

@media (min-width: 800px) {
        .entry-title, .inside-article h2,  blockquote {
            margin-left: -100px !important;
            margin-right: -100px !important;
        }
    }

Note: the negative margins are greater then your Container padding. So on smaller screens they will stretch beyond the width of the screen. The Media query stops this from happening.
    If you want them to extend a lot wider then the main content then you would need to increase your container width and the container padding in the Customizer, lets say you made the container 200px wider, and increased your padding left and right by 100px you could increase your neg margins to -200px…. may still need to tweak the @media min-width to stop any breakages.

I have not included images as you have some that are aligned left or they may have a caption. Andre has added a CSS class to his images to apply the code specifically.

Robin

Thanks Leo and David. Appreciate it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.