[Resolved] How change page hero Elements text for pages with different languages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How change page hero Elements text for pages with different languages

Home Forums Support How change page hero Elements text for pages with different languages

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Perfect, very timely!
    Thank you, Peter

Peter

Hi Tom,
    Any update on a probable go live date?
    Thanks, Peter

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Alpha version is available to download from your Account, so you can test immediately if you want to.
    We expect a full release will take another week or two of public testing.

Johan

How about Polylang ? Is there a native solution for multi-language page hero elements ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, Polylang and Elements are compatible in GPP 1.8.0 πŸ™‚

Peter

SOLVED – All what I need now works – using 1.8.0 Beta 1 and WPML for 3 languages.

==================================================================================

I tried the 2nd Alpha version but I can see no difference yet in the way how the background image is displayed in page heroes when having the WPML plugins active.

Whatever the background image for each individual Page Hero is, it keeps displaying the background image of the home page hero… Of course, I checked the Display Rules which seemed correct for individual page hero images.

And the custom HTML text is limited to a center/center position – despite my selections are different.

Any clue of what happens? Thank you!

Johan

I installed GPP 1.8.0rc1 to test multi-language page hero elements (PHE) with Polylang.
    I still get to pick only one Frontpage for my PHE where I have a ‘Home’ page for English and a ‘Start’ page for Dutch. I can translate the Page hero element’s text from English to Dutch using Polylang. Only the English PHE text is displayed though, both on ‘Home’ and on ‘Start’ ?
    Care to guide me through ?
    Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you use the Polylang metabox to “clone” your PHE in your other language? Basically, there should be two Header Elements, both set to your Front Page. One should be set to English, and the other set to Dutch.

Johan

Thanks Tom,

It works ! Indeed 2 Page Hero Elements, one for each language, showing up on the home page in the same language, as it should. Great product and great support, as always ! Write me up as a long term customer.

Best Regards,
    Johan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back πŸ™‚

Kerry

I am using GTranslate and have the same issue, need a different hero image for English and French. I have the two hero images set up as separate elements (using the Target site from the library). Any assistance to get the working would be amazing. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not familiar with GTranslate. Do they have any instructions on translating custom post types?

Kerry

OK, I changed to WPML and have it working. The only question now is how to get the main site logo to change. It is set “use navigation as header”. I am able to get a widget image to change but I want the widget to be left aligned in the main nav menu like the Target site from the library. I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic for the separate question?

A link to your site will also help.

Thanks!

blackbird

Super happy! πŸ˜€

I started this question in january, and have been using the “snippet” work-around since then. Finally have time to try out the new language meta-box solution and it is working so well and is so easy to use!

Thank you so much for making it so easy to:
    Make a header element for the Frontpage, in language A.
    Click on the “+” sign in that elements language meta-box (I use Polylang), to copy that frontpage header element to language B.
    Then I can easily change what is needed for language B header (text, links, and so on) and it will only be visible on the frontpage in language B.
    Repeat for language C, and so on.

Thank you for this!!! Solved.

(But I can not yet find this explained in your Documentations pages about Elements? Think a lot of “non-english-speaking” customers would appreciate this new function very much if they knew about it.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.