[Resolved] How can I disable hooks?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How can I disable hooks?

Home Forums Support How can I disable hooks?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Theodore Weddell

Hi Tom,

I knew GP addons is exactly what I was looking for, so I went ahead and bought the premium package. This is a fantastic bundle of plugins! However, I’m running a multisite and I can’t have users inserting their own hooks… especially since they can run PHP. Is there any way I can install the premium bundle and NOT give everybody the hooks plugin?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do these users have administrator rights?

Only users with the manage_options capability can use GP Hooks.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Theodore Weddell

They have admin right of their own site. For example, testuser has admin right for bubcity.com/testuser. Since the multisite will be open for anybody to sign up and create a site, this is a big security issue. πŸ™‚

I would be okay with installing the plugins individually if there is a way. That would probably be best, since I’m guessing auto-update would inadvertently install the hooks plugin. When I signed up, I assumed I could also download the individual plugins. My fault… I should not have assumed anything.

Theodore Weddell

I think I found a solution using a few other plugins. Basically, I setup a preconfigured sample site, disable the menu item for GeneratePress, and use the sample site as the default template for new users. This only works because A) there are no users yet, and B) I plan to use GeneratePress child theme to create variations from which users can select as their theme. This is along the line of my original plans anyway, so it doesn’t create any extra work for me. As super-admin, I will still have access to the Hooks plugin, which I’m sure will be a very useful tool.

I gotta say, I am so glad I found GeneratePress and the accompanying Customizer plugins. It’s like your read my mind as you were developing these and delivered what I needed. Thanks! πŸ˜€

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah – glad you figured out a solution! Great idea πŸ™‚

Glad you’re enjoying GP! Means a lot that people are using it and finding it useful – it’s only going to get better πŸ™‚

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.