[Support request] How can I customize my homepage to look exactly like the "Target" demo?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How can I customize my homepage to look exactly like the "Target" demo?

Home Forums Support How can I customize my homepage to look exactly like the "Target" demo?

• This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Theodore

Ok, I’ll do that and see. I also asked how I can upload a Favicon on my blog? I haven’t seen that feature.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There are two options to upload a favicon:

1. Upload it as the “Site Icon” in Customize > Site Identity”.
    2. Upload the favicon.ico file to the root directory of your website via FTP or File Manager.

Theodore

Hi Leo,

I’ve tried clearing my cache and even deactivating my caching plugin “wp super cache” as you suggested, yet the problem has not been solved.

Please, is there no way you guys can actually check this out on my site for me? I’m really tired of it and I really need to get it right.

Here’s the problem I’m having again:

On the 2 elements I created, one for the blog page, and one for the “single posts” section, the background image is not working properly.

On the “blog page”, I wanted to upload a custom image as the background that will be covered with a black color overlay, but it’s not working. Instead, it’s just showing the black background color I selected for the overlay.

And on the “single posts” page, I wanted the featured image on each of the blog posts to always be the background image, on a black color overlay, but it’s still not working. I had to just upload a custom image instead, and the background overlay is still not working (I’ll really like the featured images to be showing).

Finally, on the homepage, the background overlay is also not working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

– On the blog page, I don’t see a background image uploaded currently. It only shows background-color: #00000a; being applied.

– On single posts page, looks like you’ve chosen a solid color #444444 as the background overlay. In order to use a background overlay, you need to choose a color with transparency.

– On home page, which part of the background overlay isn’t working? I’m not seeing anything being applied at all.

If the issues mentioned above don’t match the settings you have, can you please clear the caching plugin then disable it while we are trying to work this out?

Thanks 🙂

Theodore

Thanks for your response as always Leo,

I removed the background image I earlier uploaded to the blog page as it isn’t working.

Please, can you tell me an example of a background color I can choose for the background overlay to start working?

On the homepage, I tried enabling the background overlay via the “sections tab”, is there a better way of doing it?

Please, how about if I give you my wordpress admin login details so you can check these things out for me and help me with them? That way, I’ll see what you did and do it on my other sites I want to use Generatepress on.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

– Can you upload the image again so I can see why it is not working? Make sure you select Custom Image in the background image dropdown.

Can you clear and disable the caching plugin as mentioned above? It’s really hard to debug with the caching plugin enabled.

– You need to choose an overlay with transparency color by using the slider:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/SJ7CLtfEu7Rg

– Using the overlay color in Section should work. However, I don’t see the code being implemented at all which might be a caching issue.

Theodore

Hi Leo,

Thanks a lot, the blog page and blog posts page works very well now after implementing the tips you shared.

However, the homepage background overlay is still not yet working. I’ve cleared my cache and the caching plugin is currently disabled.

Please, what else can I do to get it to work?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The overlay is indeed working on the front page:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/OFdZtbBai

Perhaps you need to choose a darker color to make it more visible?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.