[Support request] How can I create sections?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How can I create sections?

Home Forums Support How can I create sections?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Broc

How can I create sections like this where the page content can be separated to reveal the background in between the sections so the content is not all on one continuous page? https://imgur.com/FYsBxix

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can set Customizer > Layout > Container > Separate Containers.
    This will split the main theme elements into their own containers. Most noticeable on a blog archive as each article has its own container. Let me know if this works.

Broc

That is already enabled, but it’s not doing what I am trying to achieve. Is there a way to separate main content with containers?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could use the GP Sections module, setting them to contained would show the background to the sides. Then you could try giving them a CSS Class (in the Section settings) e.g spacer and add this CSS:

.spacer {
        margin-bottom: 30px;
    }
    Broc

How/where do I access the GP Sections module, and cam I edit the new sections using the Elementor Page Builder?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

aah ok, you can’t use Elementor and Sections together.
    (FYI the Sections Module is activated in the Appearance > GeneratePress and adds a check box in the Post/Page editor.)

If you’re using Elementor then you should be able to create that effect. Try:
    Adding a transparent background to your full width sections. You should see the body background show through. Then its a case of adding top / bottom padding or margins to create the horizontal spacing.

As long as the content is contained you can then style the column background to a solid background color.

Charles

This for me is a great feature – which could be better documented within Generate Press.
    I am sure once someone has created a number of websites this will become second nature but initially it is a bit confusing as references to sections do not always contain the need to switch this option on.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sections was something developed quite some time ago to provide a simple lightweight page builder. Although it still functions and we will forever support it we are inclined to advise people to use the Block Editor.

To that extent we just released, in Alpha, our new plugin GenerateBlocks:

https://generateblocks.com

Feel free to signup for the alpha versions if you’re willing to test it. I think you’ll find the visual editing experience is far better than Sections.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.