- This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by David.
August 22, 2019 at 10:55 am #990948Anonymous
Most of the themes use various plugins to provide additional functionality or to simplify the user experience.
How are these reviewed and vetted?
- Are the plugins tested including performance?
- Are the plugins reviewed and assessed from a security point of view?
- If there are vulnerabilities associated with the plugins are these removed?
- If there are plugins that have not been tested e.g. Menu Icons by ThemeIsle on a particular version of WordPress (even
August 22, 2019 at 11:09 am #990956LeoStaffCustomer Support
- though it is the latest), is there any reason why these are bundled?
Each of these questions is depending on the individual plugins and GP has no control over how they are handled – you would need to check with plugin(s) support for more clarification.
I’m not sure if WordPress has guideline for plugin testing – you’d need to check with WordPress support.
GP itself doesn’t bundle with any other plugins unless you import sites from the library – we try to only choose plugins that we’ve had good experience with.
Here is a little more information about GP itself which is displayed on the home page as well:
Hope this helps 🙂August 22, 2019 at 11:15 am #990958Anonymous
Most users (assumption) are likely to import the content and thus enable the bundled plugins. It would be valuable that these are tested and reviewed since users may assume that since GeneratePress is including these, they may be safe to use (which may not always be the case) especially from a security stance.August 22, 2019 at 11:17 am #990961LeoStaffCustomer SupportAugust 30, 2019 at 9:49 pm #997617Anonymous
Thanks Leo. What options are there to test the plugins from a security perspective using services other than other plugins?August 31, 2019 at 5:01 am #997738DavidStaffCustomer Support
Worth reading this it covers this subject very well and provides some tools and info to help:August 31, 2019 at 10:28 am #998018Anonymous
Thanks David.August 31, 2019 at 3:51 pm #998114
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.