[Support request] Horizontal menu prevents smooth scaling

Home Forums Support [Support request] Horizontal menu prevents smooth scaling

Home Forums Support Horizontal menu prevents smooth scaling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Antwan

Hello,

I’ve placed the primary navigation in the left column of the template, but when I resize the window it ‘breaks out’ to the location below the header just before it switches to the mobile menu. Is there any way to prevent this, so the scaling run smooth? The site is presently located at http://178.21.23.248/~leerlingz1/site/

Thanks in advance!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Antwan,

I can see what you are talking about but I’m pretty sure it just takes a split second for the navigation to react to the media quarry breakpoint.

I just viewed the site with my iPad and iPhone and it loads fine without going through that transition so hopefully not many users would re-size the window that much and notice that problem.

Will ask Tom to have a look for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Antwan

Hi Leo.

Yep, I get your point. It was a comment I got from someone testing the site, so I decided to post the question here. And thanks, hopefully Tom will have some fix. Maybe to hide the menu-display under the header-image altogether? Not very nice regarding the customizer-functions, but I guess it’ll do the job.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think the reason why the menu displays for a split second under the header image is because GP moves the menu under the header at 768px regardless where it was set, then the mobile menu kicks in. So hiding it would just make the mobile menu not show up all together.

Not quite sure what you meant by customizer functions not nice? Everything should still work normally?

Antwan

Well, if you would theoretically hide the horizontal menu (but not the mobile menu) the option to show the menu in this manner breaks in the customizer. That’s what I meant.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently this is a known issue. The theme moves the menu to the top when it’s set in a sidebar, but only checks for the move every 100ms which causes that slight delay.

Making the transition smoother is a top priority for me.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.