[Resolved] Hooks??? Where is it??

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hooks??? Where is it??

Home Forums Support Hooks??? Where is it??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jacob

Hi I am premium customer and I have installed GeneratePress on two sites now. I can not find the function “hooks” in the offered services – it’s really weird. I have seen your tutorial video but for me “hooks” does not show up in my Dashboard>Appearence>Generate Press. I want to enable Breadcrumbs and from what I have read I can only do that through “hooks” – So how do I enable Hooks??

Thanks, Jacob

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hooks is now under Elements.

This post should help:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/i-can-not-add-breadcrumbs-to-my-blog/#post-789461

Jacob

Hi, thanks for great support! Very fast too!
    However, I’m too stupid for these things. I added the code in thefield of the Hook, as it sasy in the video:

<script>
    <?php
    if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
    yoast_breadcrumb( ‘<p id=”breadcrumbs”>’,'</p>’ );
    }
    ?>
    </script>

I tried to check in both with/without “Execute PHP/shortcodes”
    Show on entire site

And I enabled the Yoast Breadcrumbs – But it does not work..

What is wrong?? Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would just use shortcode Yoast recommended in this page”
    https://kb.yoast.com/kb/implement-wordpress-seo-breadcrumbs/

Jacob

Thanks Leo! I tried with the short code:
    <script>
    [wpseo_breadcrumb]
    </script>

However it does not work.. I have enabled the Breadcrumbs in Yoast and I have clicked “entire site”..

Thanks for helping me!

/Jacob

Jacob

<script>
    [wpseo_breadcrumb]
    </script>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try either the PHP or the shortcode just don’t wrap it in the <script></script> tags…..

Jacob

Thanks David! Great it works fine now!

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.

Jacob

Thanks again. Unfortunately I have one more problem.

So I have managed to fix the breadcrumbs now. However on some pages the navigation does not appear since there is not enough space in the container where I like it.
    When I go to the Appearence>Customize>Layout and fix the space – it looks great in the editing window. I can see my breadcrumbs, just like I want them.

But then when I publish and I go to the live pages/site some of the pages look completely different and the container is not adjusted as it appeared when I do it..
    I guess there is some annoying thing that overwrites my adjustments?

Thanks, Jacob

Jacob

Hi, think I accidentally marked the last message as resolved..

Thanks again. Unfortunately I have one more problem. Sorry, I’ll post it again:

So I have managed to fix the breadcrumbs now. However on some pages the navigation does not appear since there is not enough space in the container where I like it.
    When I go to the Appearence>Customize>Layout and fix the space – it looks great in the editing window. I can see my breadcrumbs, just like I want them.

But then when I publish and I go to the live pages/site some of the pages look completely different and the container is not adjusted as it appeared when I do it..
    I guess there is some annoying thing that overwrites my adjustments?

Thanks, Jacob

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a link to the site so we can see the issue? You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field for privacy.

Jacob

Thanks again David. My apologies – I used an incognito window to check the changes and they would not appear. But then later when I checked again everything was like it should be. Seems like there some cache issue. Thanks, it’s all resolved now.

/Jacob

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – glad we could be of help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.