[Resolved] Hooks overlapping on IE11

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hooks overlapping on IE11

Home Forums Support Hooks overlapping on IE11

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Curt

Yes, I know IE11 is a dinosaur. But I have to provide *some* support nonetheless.

In IE11 only: I have an image/ad unit in the generate_hook_before_main_content slot that extends all the way to the right of the page, underneath the generate_before_right_sidebar_content hook in my right sidebar.

Any attributes you can suggest to get the main_content hook to align with the main content container?

Thanks,
    Curt

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you try giving the hook a lower priority?

For example: add_action( 'generate_hook_before_main_content', 'my_function', 1 );

1 being the super low priority.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Curt

No change. Main content hook still runs full width of the page, under the sidebar hook.

And I’m not that concerned about which of those is on top. I’m more worried about constraining the main content hook.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think the issue is that the survey-tab element is inside the columns container. Can you share your function with me?

Curt

Sorry. I’m doing this all through the Appearance > Elements interface. Where would I find that function?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In the Hook options, you’ll see a “Priority” option – try setting that to 1.

Curt

Hmmm. That appears to have worked. Thanks much!

Now I’m curious how that priority setting works, especially when – as you mentioned – the hook placement isn’t inside the main content container.

Curt

Any insight on that would be much appreciated. Thanks for helping get a quick resolution!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All hooks have a default priority of 10. The lower the priority, the earlier the hook fires.

In this case, our columns container for the blog is hooked in using the 10 priority, so by defining a lower priority for your Hook, it makes it so the element displays before the columns container.

Curt

Ahhhhh, good to know. Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.