[Resolved] Hook inside content

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hook inside content

Home Forums Support Hook inside content

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In my code above, this element doesn’t exist:

<time class="updated"...

You’ll notice there’s no updated class.

That means the second date is coming from somewhere else completely. Have you tried temporarily removing all other custom functions?

epickenyan

That’s because it is coming from the theme’s post-meta.php http://prntscr.com/mtvvto (and like the others said, this code in itself is not being picked by Google and that’s why I am also seeking a working code.)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The filter I provided replaces what’s in the post-meta.php file: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.2.2/inc/structure/post-meta.php#L129

It completely overwrites the core markup with what we provide in the function.

It’s likely that one of your other functions is also adding the date, which is why we need to disable them to figure out which one.

epickenyan

I found it! The culprit is this function you gave me to move the location of the category link in the blog section https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/move-category-meta/page/2/#post-820187. I have disabled it for now but I would still like to use it.

Here is the source code

<div class="entry-meta">
    				<span class="posted-on"><time class="entry-date updated-date" datetime="2019-02-27T12:43:59+03:00" itemprop="dateModified">Feb 27, 2019</time></span> 			</div>
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome. So your new single function would be:

add_filter( 'generate_post_date_output', function( $output, $time_string ) {
    	$time_string = '<time class="entry-date published" datetime="%1$s" itemprop="datePublished">%2$s</time>';

if ( get_the_time( 'U' ) !== get_the_modified_time( 'U' ) ) {
    		$time_string = '<time class="entry-date updated-date" datetime="%3$s" itemprop="dateModified">%4$s</time>';
    	}

$time_string = sprintf( $time_string,
    		esc_attr( get_the_date( 'c' ) ),
    		esc_html( get_the_date() ),
    		esc_attr( get_the_modified_date( 'c' ) ),
    		esc_html( get_the_modified_date() )
    	);

printf( '<span class="posted-on">%s</span> ', // WPCS: XSS ok, sanitization ok.
    		$time_string
    	);

if ( ! is_single() ) {
                $categories_list = get_the_category_list( ', ' );

if ( $categories_list ) {
                    echo '<span class="cat-links">' . $categories_list . '</span>';
                }
            }
    }, 10, 2 );
    epickenyan

Thanks! That worked like a charm.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.