[Resolved] Homepage Not Observing More Tag

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Homepage Not Observing More Tag

Home Forums Support Homepage Not Observing More Tag

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hello,

Is the homepage meant to observe the More tag when it’s present in a post, and cut off the content of each post there? Every single one of my posts has a More tag, and this is reflected when I go to an Archive page (for example by clicking on a specific category of posts): They all show only the text up to the More tag. However those same posts that display correctly on the category pages will show the full content of the post on the homepage.

I would prefer to continue doing things with the More tag because I find it easier to manage, but just in case I even tried going into the Layout settings and setting the Content Type to Excerpt for Archive, and setting a sufficiently low word limit. That still made no difference.

I also looked at some other similar posts to this: Every post I looked at was set to “Standard” for its format, so I don’t believe that is the issue.

Is there a setting I’m missing somewhere? Thanks. Can’t point you to a production site unfortunately, since I’m just testing this locally at the moment.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you make sure the content type is still set to Excerpt?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/

The more tag should still overwrite the word count in the customizer.

If not, any chance you can disable all plugins or custom functions to eliminate any issues?

I haven’t heard about this issue before.

If the home page is set to the posts page, it should behave exactly the same as the category archives.

Let me know 🙂

Brian

Hi Leo,

So I discovered this was an issue with the Toolset Types module Toolset Blocks, or at the very least maybe something to do with some configuration of mine there.

Essentially I have a custom Posts Template which does really nothing more than show a couple of custom fields I created beneath the normal header level information and before the article text. I do NOT have the Archives template customized to show these same things (as is proof by the fact that they don’t show up in the Category Archives page at all). They also show up fine on the individual post page. However again on the homepage…it’s like it’s using my Post Template customization instead of an Archives one (which doesn’t exist). When I disable this module, the issue goes away on the homepage completely.

I don’t know if it’s an issue of this theme and their modules not playing together (even though I found this theme because they advertised it as playing together well with Toolset Types on their homepage) or if it’s a configuration error on my end. Either way I recognize I should probably open a support ticket with them for this. If anything I said sparks anything though, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Checking with their support would definitely be good.

GP just uses the default the_excerpt() function from WordPress so it shouldn’t be a theme issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.