[Support request] Home page messed up

Home Forums Support [Support request] Home page messed up

Home Forums Support Home page messed up

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Justin

Hi team,

I updated our website’s GP Premium and plugins last night and I noticed that the home page is all messed up now. I have deactivated plugins one by one and have come to the realization that if everything is enabled except for GP Premium, the issue goes away, leading me to believe it’s an issue with this plugin.

Here’s what’s incorrect:
    – footer widgets and copyright note are pushed towards top of page, behind slider revolution
    – primary menu seems to be displayed up there as well, but instead of horizontal display, it’s vertical

Please help ASAP — this is a pretty bad bug!

Justin

Additionally, the contact page is pretty messed up

Justin

Update: I have deactivated GP Premium and the site isn’t acting up as much but of course without the premium features turned on, the site isn’t looking how I’d like it to. I will keep it deactivated until I get some advice on next steps. At least the site is usable now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

updating the GP plugin should not have caused any issues, we thoroughly test all our updates and there is has been no issues reported like so.

It is more likely another plugin update that has caused something to conflict. Can you de-activate all plugins, re-enable GP Premium and then re-enable each plugin one by one, clearing the caches each time to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Justin

When I deactivate all plugins except GP Premium, the site is formatted very bad with the footer content at the top of the site. If I activate all plugins, but deactivate GP Premium, then footer moves to bottom of site as intended and everything else seems fine (besides obvious formatting issues from disabling GP Premium).

Any idea what’s going on, or other suggestions for a fix?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

you have this CSS in the Customizer > Additional CSS:

.container { 
      height: 200px; /* This property is setting the page container height */
      position: relative;
      border: 3px solid #000; 
    }

I have commented the line of code which is causing the page to collapse.

Justin

Thanks, David — that seemed to fix the majority of issues. One last question for now: why is the menu displayed at the bottom? Where can I go to remove that? Prior to this issue, I was only displaying the menu at the top of the site.

Update: I just turned off “sliding menu” completely which fixed the issue. Just curious why the menu displays at the bottom of our site on desktop when this setting is turned on for “mobile only”? I’ll leave it off for now but curious if you know what might be causing this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would need to see it with the slideout on to tell why that is happening. If you want to switch it back on i can take a look.

Justin

Okay, I reactivated that setting. Let me know what you can find. I appreciate it!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could be a caching issue. Can you try clearing your autoptimize cache. If the problem remains clear it again and then disable autoptimize.

Justin

Hmm, that didn’t seem to work (deleting cache nor deactivating autoptimize).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Then it looks like a plugin conflict. Can you try disabling all plugins apart from GP Premium to see if the issue resolves. If it does then activate each one at a time, best to leave autoptimize off for this and clear the browser after each has been added.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.