[Resolved] Home page like twenty seventeen

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Home page like twenty seventeen

Home Forums Support Home page like twenty seventeen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Vajra

Hi,
    I have been trying to create a front page like twenty seventeen. I can make the home page cover the full screen using the premium header option. But I can’t get the menu on the bottom of the header, not the footer. I want the menu on the bottom of the header image, with the site name just above it, parallax as you scroll down on the header image, with the menu sticking at the top. I have spent 3 days on this! Be great if you can help?
    Vara

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you give this PHP snippet a shot?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/page-header-image-above-menu/#post-288568

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Vajra

Hi Leo,
    Thanks for the quick response. But the code puts the menu just below the fold and also includes a hamburger menu at the end like the “Head On” template that I tried earlier?
    Vajra

Vajra

Hi Leo,
    I also have the mobile header logo from the “Head On” template that I tried earlier, how do I remove it?
    Vajra

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you figured this out?

I no longer see a mobile header logo and a toggle on desktop.

Let me know 🙂

Vajra

I managed to hide the mobile logo.

1. In mobile menu goes to “Head On” off-menu a template that I tried earlier not the primary menu?

2. The menu is at the bottom of every page and I only want the on the bottom of the home page.

Vajra

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. Is this the issue?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/off-canvas-panel-overview/#empty-off-canvas-navigation

2. Try this instead:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','lh_move_home_navigation' );
    function lh_move_home_navigation() {
        if ( is_front_page() ) {
            remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 5 );
            add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 15 );
        }
    }
    Vajra

1. The menu is back at the top on every page.

2. Mobile menu goes to off-canvas-menu from “Head On” template that I tried earlier. Not the primary menu?

Vajra

Vajra

Hi Leo,
    I have been thinking, how about keep the main menu at the top and use the secondary menu for the front page only?
    Vajra

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this function that will apply to every page on the site to move the navigation below the header element:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','lh_move_home_navigation' );
    function lh_move_home_navigation() {
            remove_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 5 );
            add_action( 'generate_after_header', 'generate_add_navigation_after_header', 15 );
    }

For the mobile nav, you can either disable the Off Canvas Panel in Customizer > Layout > Off Canvas Panel or set the your Primary Navigation Menus location to include the off canvas panel.

Vajra

Hi Leo,
    I’m sorry if I’m not being clear but I want the menu at the menu on the bottom of the header image, with the site name just above it, parallax as you scroll down on the header image, with the menu sticking at the top FRONT page only. All other pages at the top.
    Vajra

Vajra

Hi Leo,
    Lots of messing about all day!
    I just want the FRONT page to have a menu below the featured image.
    All other pages menus at the top.
    Vajra

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which function are you using to move the navigation right now? We can tweak it so it only applies to the home page.

Other than that, it looks like you’re close.

I would replace this CSS:

.home .page-hero {
        min-height: 95vh  !important;
    }

With this:

.home .page-hero {
        min-height: calc(100vh - 60px); /* 60px is height of your nav */
    }

body {
        overflow-x: hidden;
    }
    Vajra

I have managed to do it using the secondary menu. I will clean it up when back at work next week after a long weekend on cape cod.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Vajra
    https://schalkenbach.org/file-1/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.