[Support request] Home page hero div seems to be taller than slider

Home Forums Support Home page hero div seems to be taller than slider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vera

I am using a SmartSlider inside the GP header element on my home page. Everything was working fine for the first few months, then one day I noticed the slider had dropped down 100-200 px (approx — hard to tell) and displays a larger static b/g image of the first slide in the extra space at the top. When I inspect the element, it shows that the .page-hero computed size is 492 px high while my slider setting is set at 200 px high (in the plugin’s settings). The entire page-hero area appears to be more like 300-400 pixels high.

Also, when I use WP’s Customize function/tool to try tweaking the CSS, everything looks the way it should be. But as soon as I exit Customize, it goes wonky again. I still tried editing the CSS for the .page-hero height but to no avail. Any ideas what the issue could be and how to correct it?

Usual environment: 9.7” iPad Pro, iOS 13.4+
    Desktop: Mac OS 10.15.4
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you disable the caching plugin so I can inspect the code a bit better?

Let me know 🙂

Vera

Hi Leo — I’ve disabled what I think is my only caching plugin. If there’s another one, is there a way to tell which it is?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing the issue now you have disabled the cache. Can you clear your browser cache to confirm this ?

If its now working then it may have just been a Cached code issue. Try re-enabling your cache now.

Vera

I’m sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes, it does seem to have stopped now. Any ideas about what might cause something like this —— just so I can watch out for it? It happened once before, but I don’t recall what I did to correct it or if it stopped randomly.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Slider is using Javascript to calculate the size based on the screen size. Sometimes they bug out when the JS/CSS is cached. Generally clearing caches resolves those issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.