[Support request] Home page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Home page

Home Forums Support Home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elly

Hello!

I have moved from a page builder to WordPress. I want to set my homepage to www……com (it’s currently an archive). The content for my home page is now on a post: www…..com/home.html. Please can you help me resolve this?
    Thanks so much in anticipation. πŸ™‚

Elly

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure if I understand.

When I click on the logo and navigate to the home page, it is indeed the posts page:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/OmgYPa4zqq8c

The .com page should be your default home page which is set within WordPress setting:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/settings-reading-screen/

Elly

Thanks so much for your response, Leo. Yep, I knew to look there or in customiser. But…

I’m confused about the settings for homepage. You can choose a static page or post, but both choices bring up the same list of pages – there are no posts to choose from.

The content for the homepage is on a post at the moment which allows me to use Yoast for description and title.

I suspect the answer is obvious, but I’m new to WP having been on a page builder for the past 9 years, so I’m sorry if I’m appearing a bit dense. πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Homepage options are:

1. Static Page – this can be any page you choose but you cannot choose a single post from your Blog, WP doesn’t allow it and its pretty painful trying to make that happen.
    2. Posts – this displays the blog page ie. list of posts.

Elly

Ah, I now understand – best to simply move that content to a page.

Thanks so much, David. πŸ™‚

Elly

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.