[Resolved] Hero Section Won't Display

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hero Section Won't Display

Home Forums Support Hero Section Won't Display

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hi, I’m new to WordPress and GeneratePress. I’m trying to create a hero section where I can add a contact form and some text. I’ve researched the videos and forum posts, but I’m obviously missing something. I created the Header Element (I think). I’m just trying to do this for my Front Page. This is the old page with the hero section I’m trying to recreate.
    Original Template

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What Display Rules did you set on the Header Element?

Chris

Hi David,
    Display Rules are Front Page and All Users

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you send me a screenshot of your settings in the Header Element

Chris

Sure, but let me clarify or ask this first. Do I need a hero section to replicate the screenshot I sent or can I place a form and text box overlaying a feature image without a hero image section?

Chris
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the Header Element has to contain something in the Hero content for it to display.
    If you only wanted the image to be displayed then you can add a HTML Comment eg.:

<!-- Featured Image --> or <!-- anything you like as a comment --!>

Header Elements are one of the simplest ways of putting content over an image. You can add HTML and Shortcodes ( e.g for your Form ) within the hero content. And of course set a background.

By default the Header Element sits directly below the Site Header so we may need to add a little CSS to create the gap between the two.

Chris

Thanks David. I added Featured Image comment and I can see a thin band of the image. I understand your comment about using CSS to create the gap. Would the HTML and shortcodes also be the answer to expand the image/hero section area?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The header element will expand to size of the content plus any padding you have added in its settings.

To note: if it were just adding a featured image background you would size it by adding more padding. In this case i would a % padding that matches the apsect ratio of the image.

Chris

I found that by increasing the padding in the page hero section that resolve the image appearing as a thin band and now I can see the full image as I increased the padding.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You may find some of these examples useful with the various ways of adding content and how that and the padding effects its size.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-hero-examples/

Chris

Thanks. Getting there. Does the CSS also go where I’m adding my html or does that doe in the Simple CSS or Additional CSS section?

Chris

Thanks David. That last link was helpful I was able to get what I wanted in there. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.