[Support request] Hero background video problem

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hero background video problem

Home Forums Support Hero background video problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alberto

Hello
    I’m working with GP 2.3.2 and GP Premium 1.8.3 and I’ve got this issue only with Safari at iOS devices.
    The video I’m using as a background at homepage hero doesn’t play.
    I’ve checked the server (the file plays going into the URL in uploads) so it seems its an issue with the theme.
    This is the code I’m using:

<video loop muted autoplay playsinline poster="https://tipibcn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/home-visual1.jpg" class="background-video">
        <source src="https://tipibcn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/tipisbcn.mov" type="video/mp4">
    </video>

Any thoughts?

TIA

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The theme wouldn’t interfere with how a device renders a video container – and its working for me on MacOS Safari and iOS iphone – it does take a while to load. Note the video won’t autoplay on iOS if the device is in low power mode.

Which browser and iOS versions are you running?

Alberto

Hello David
    Thanks for your reply!
    I’m running the video in last versions both iOS and Safari.
    Neither is running on my iPad (iOS 9.3.5) which doesn’t have low power mode

Any thoughts?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its probably your version of iOS – i think the support for background video was added in iOS 10 or later

Alberto

Hi David
    The video doesn’t play but it plays right if I enter the URL (wp-content/uploads/…/my-video.mov) in the browser. Is it because of autoplay?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

the older mobile OS’es block autoplay background videos. So yes – if you updated to a iOS 10+ you should see that it is then supported.

Alberto

Ok
    I’ll try in a device with iOS 10+

Thank you David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – i am not sure what version it was they allowed it but i think it was around 10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.