Help with page layouts

Home Forums Support Help with page layouts

Home Forums Support Help with page layouts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tony

Hi Tom – not needed any help for a while – how’s the family?
    I just wrote a post with images in it and struggled with the limited control I seem to have over the layout

On a mobile there is LOTS of white space and even on a desktop it doesn’t look to good.

Am I missing something in the editor or do I need a page layout addin? If so can you recommend one?

Cheers -Tony

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tony,

Family is great, thank you! 🙂

Can you link me to the page so I can see what you mean? Are you going for a specific layout?

Tony

Since I wrote the post I have managed to improve the post but will appreciate any help/ideas on controlling the layout
    <a href="http://loveitphotography.uk/making-a-cinemagraph/"></a>

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Tony.
    Tony

Sorry missed your question:
    No, I tend to figure the layout as I go BUT the wordpress visual editor isn’t really WYSISYG and it’s trial and error i.e. do some layout – see what it looks like – make a change – see what it looks like etc. etc.

I know no editor is true accurate WYSIWYG but the lack of control and the way the visual editor removes html makes it tedious.

There’s also no way to see what it looks like mobile without using a mobile/tablet.

I doubt columns and tables would be very responsive.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In order to achieve full WYSIWYG you would have to use a page builder. The concept behind them is quite new, but they’re becoming super powerful.

Is there a particular section of the page you’re having an issue with?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.