Home Forums Support Help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

Hi,

I have a client who wants this “mosaic posts gallery” type you’ll see here : https://www.necoclitienemagia.com

It’s a post gallery but with different box sizes, and each image is fitting box size, and it’s making a “random” design that I need to reproduce.

It seems that it has been done with WP Bakery but I don’t want to use it, I’m using Gutenberg.

Is WP show post capable to do this ?
    Or can I do this with Generate Block ?

Thanks a lot

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Is WP show post capable to do this ?

While it’s not within the default styles of WP Show Posts Pro, this is doable but the JS animation resize part will surely require advanced site/plugin customization which is outside of GP support’s scope.

As for CSS reference which can be applied on WPSP articles –
    https://codepen.io/josephshambrook/pen/wYvYKr

Or can I do this with Generate Block ?

While you can surely copy its layout, GenerateBlocks containers don’t have a dynamic post display functionality. It’s made for content layout-ing purposes in mind.

Samuel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Let’s say I don’t need the dynamic post display functionality and I want to build this layout adding images, title, animation and redirections to specific post manually.

Could it be possible with GenerateBlocks ? And could you teach me the tricks that I would need to do so ?

Heike

Hi Samuel,

Maybe you want to take a look at the Visual Portfolio plugin?
    With its “Portfolio Blocks” you can create such galleries (and more) in posts (and on pages).

You can find the plugin in the WP repository and the documentation for its blocks under https://visualportfolio.co/documentation/portfolio-blocks/.

Cheers,
    Heike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Samuel – i think Heikes advice is the best way to go.
    Its not something you can do without Javascript and neither GP Block or WP Show Post provides that.

Samuel

@Heike Are you the author of Visual Portfolio plugin ? Because it seems to have a problem to display well on Safari.

@David
    Ok, I will find something else then.

Heike

No, I am using this plugin in a project and so far I have not been able to determine that it does not work correctly in Safari. I’m sorry the plugin didn’t work for your application.

Samuel

@Heike, no it’s just that opening your link in Safari galleries are displaying with broken images. So it doesn’t feel good, but I’ll give it a try ! ๐Ÿ™‚

Heike

Oh actually. I missed that because I’m using FF and Google Chrome. It is indeed unpleasant when the pictures are missing in a documentation. But the plugin works, also in Safari. Checked it out. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Samuel

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.