- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by Leo.
September 20, 2017 at 12:02 am #388464Jacobo
I’m using PAge Headers to have hero images on my blog posts.
BUT as I don’t have featured image in all of my posts, I’d prefer those to stay without a header.
I’ve set up a different header (not auto-applied) with no content for those posts and assigned it manually on each post.
Is this the way to do it? Or is there any way of telling GP: if there’s no featured image, use “normal” template?
Thanks!!!GeneratePress 1.4September 20, 2017 at 7:45 am #388745LeoStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 20, 2017 at 9:08 am #388856Jacobo
(1) This is a blog post with the header I’ve created (auto applied to all blog posts): https://imgur.com/ZSvSTKh
(2) This is a blog post without featured image with the auto applied header: https://imgur.com/tCFQDuz
(3) This is a blog post where I don’t want that header since it doesn’t have a featured image: https://imgur.com/VxajFdq
For this last case (no featured image) I’ve created an empty header that I apply manually on each post without featured image (thus overriding the auto applied header and avoiding situation #2).
I was wondering if there’s a better way of doing this like “don’t auto apply the header if the blog post doesn’t have a featured image”, and if having a blank header applied can cause any problem.
Thanks!!!September 20, 2017 at 12:43 pm #388977LeoStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 21, 2017 at 12:03 am #389185Jacobo
Great, thanks for the confirmation 😉
Would be nice to have a standard fallback for when there is no featured image.
Maybe the team can consider that for the future. But for now, is there any kind of hook/filter for Page Headers we can use to add some code? It’s kind of hard to go through 100s of posts to manually assign this.
Cheers!September 21, 2017 at 8:04 am #389456LeoStaffCustomer Support
Unfortunately there’s no way to use code for this.
Thanks for the suggestion 🙂 This is the first request we’ve seen on this but if more people run into this issue we will definitely consider it!September 21, 2017 at 8:09 am #389461Jacobo
Thanks again for the help Leo!September 21, 2017 at 8:29 am #389481
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.