[Resolved] Header question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header question

Home Forums Support Header question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hi Tom,
    is there a way to completely get rid of the header and make the sticky menu behave as the one on this site does: https://www.mainstreet.com/article/bottled-water-quality-murky-study-finds ?

Thanks,
    Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Why not just set your navigation position to float right (Customize > Layout) and then set the sticky menu?

That should achieve something very similar to that site.

Otherwise you can set the sticky menu with a menu logo to display in the regular and sticky menu, and hide the header like this:

.site-header {
        display: none;
    }
    Dave

Thanks Tom – the latter is great.

Another question on this: on a couple of my sites the menu resizes to accommodate the size of my logo, but when I tried it on this site, the logo makes itself smaller to fit into the nav bar (which I don’t want to happen)

What should I be looking at to fix that?

Thanks
    Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dave,

The logo should always resize to fit your navigation.

You can:

a) Increase the height of your navigation in “Customize > Element Spacing”.
    b) Increase the height of your logo with some CSS:

.main-navigation .sticky-logo, 
    .main-navigation .sticky-logo img {
        height: 40px;
    }
    Bogdan

I did setup a test site at http://www.susala.ro/gp-test, with your above suggestions, and seems to mimic OP’s website behaviour. I did tweaked colours, loaded a logo in Site Identity, then a logo in Menu Plus > Sticky, and Sticky Menu Effect to None, Menu Logo Position to Sticky Only.

However, do you think it’s possible to achieve a smooth transition of (elements) of the menu, like in http://www.simonatache.ro? Also, possibility to tweak main logo dimension and Header height independently (like in the example).

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’ll want to set it up so the site header is hidden (.site-header {display:none;}).

Then add a menu logo to the regular menu (Customize > Menu Plus > Sticky Menu).

Set the sticky menu effect to none.

Then set a taller than usual menu item in “Customize > Element Spacing”.

Once that’s done let me know and I’ll see if I can come up with the transition into the smaller sticky menu.

Bogdan

First, thanks for helping us out with this, it’s a nice effect which may help others, too.

So:

You’ll want to set it up so the site header is hidden

Done. However, with Layout > Navigation Position: Float Left (as mentioned by you at the beginning of this thread), the Menu dissapears. So I changed that to Above Header, aligned Right, and thus the menu is visible.

Then add a menu logo to the regular menu (Customize > Menu Plus > Sticky Menu)

Did: the logo item to be active in regular, but not Sticky, by setting Menu Logo Position: Sticky. Is that correct? Because for normal position there is no logo visible (obviously).

Set the sticky menu effect to none.

Done

Then set a taller than usual menu item in “Customize > Element Spacing”.

I set Element Spacing > Primary Menu Elements > Height: 150

So, that’s the status online at http://www.susala.ro/gp-test. Waiting for your input, and thanks again.

Bogdan
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Set the menu logo position to “Sticky + Regular”.

Then try this:

.main-navigation.is_stuck .main-nav ul li a, 
    .main-navigation.is_stuck .menu-toggle, 
    .main-navigation.is_stuck .mobile-bar-items a {
    	line-height: 60px;
    }

.main-navigation.is_stuck .sticky-logo, 
    .main-navigation.is_stuck .sticky-logo img {
        height: 40px;
    }
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Tom.
    Bogdan

Done. See online result. Is it because I couldn’t find anywhere .is_stuck class?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just edited the CSS above a little – try now 🙂

Bogdan

Ok, now works. And I found is_stuck class, too 🙂

On another hand, isn’t this the same result I’ve done initially? I mean, without hiding header etc.

How can we allow the logo to hang down it’s container?

Also, how can we hide / animate elements from Regular > Sticky? Sorry to bother you with this effect, but I think it can be a nice effect added to Menu Plus Add-on 🙂 (especially after seeing the transitions in theeventscalendar page, where maybe we can animate elements from Header)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s the same, but with the shrinking effect which is what I thought you were going for?

You can target elements in the sticky menu with the .is_stuck class to hide or show them.

Bogdan

I think shrinking was before, too, but, anyways, thanks alot. I’ll test further and I will try to mimic the hiding/transitions in the examples, and get back here.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.