[Resolved] Header missing after update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header missing after update

Home Forums Support Header missing after update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ICTcie

Dear Tom,

I just have updated the GeneratePress theme and the full premium pack. However, after the update the page header is gone. I’ve tried to re-upload the image in the customization settings, disabled the header add-on, reset all add-on settings, disabled the header-image and only have a page header and sub-header but whatever I do, the header is not appearing anymore (it’s not just the image not showing up, the page is just shifted upwards where the header should’ve been). When opening the (source) code with ctrl-U the page header is actually present (so is the header image) but it isn’t displayed.
    I’m running WordPress 3.9.2 and GeneratePress 1.1.9 with the latest premium addon updates.

Do you have any idea what could be the case?

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very weird – can you link me to the page so I can take a quick look?

Thanks!

ICTcie

Thanks for your very quick reply!! Really appreciate it.
    This is the main page: http://congo.eu/
    And, as you can see in the page source, this is the header logo:
    http://congo.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/congo_banner-v33.png

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm – it seems to think you’ve disabled the header using the Disable Elements metabox.

There was a bug I fixed in the upcoming version where the blog page was taking the metabox values from the first post being displayed on the blog. Have you chosen to disable the header on one of your blog posts?

ICTcie

Hey Tom,

Thanks again!
    No I’m not actively using that disable elements addon. I thought of that as well and hence have disabled the disable elements addon but it had zero effect.

Best
    Elmer

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – I am noticing when I click on a blog post, it’s taking me to a 404.

Can you try rebuilding your permalinks? Go to “Settings > Permalinks” and save the settings (no need to change anything).

Let me know.

ICTcie

Just deactivated that addon for your convenience

ICTcie

Thanks so much Tom! I haven’t checked that… (silly of me). I start to wonder if it is actually the theme that is causing the problem or some other update that did something with rewrites or so. Your suggestion regarding the permalinks didn’t change anything but when the blogpost gives a 404, the logo appears again (and so does it on other pages than the frontpage)… I’ll have a look into my rewrites and so on, in the unlikely event it indeed has something to do with the theme I’ll post again.

Have a great day!

ICTcie

I found the solution.
    It appeared one of the posts on the frontpage blog indeed had a checkbox before ‘disable elements – header’. Despite the fact that the disable elements add-on is turned off this check-box resulted in disabling the header. Interesting…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve found the bug in the addon and will release an update ASAP.

Thanks for pointing that out 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.