[Support request] Header images still appearing even though module not active.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header images still appearing even though module not active.

Home Forums Support Header images still appearing even though module not active.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi,

Unusual one this, the header images continue to show, despite the module not being active. Is there a way to disable these other than CSS display:none etc. ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know.

Michael

I wish I could, I’m developing on a localhost before deployment unfortunately. I’ve noticed a few “quirks” like this, at first I thought it was because I had caching enabled, but I disabled that. The other quirks I’ve noticed are the menu bar disappearing (when set to sticky) but only in customise mode. Sometimes menu options don’t save etc.

I’m working from a backup of my live site using Xampp. Used all in one migration to move the data over.

They were showing originally from the first install when I enabled the headers option (not knowing really what it was). Then I added a theme from the library, then did a restore options, decided it wasn’t for me and deactivated it. It shows everywhere, even showing the site logo on the home page above the content.

I can zip the theme and send it, or.. ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm we haven’t received any reports like this so it’s likely not a GP problem.

I would recommend trying #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts first:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

If this doesn’t help, can we revisit the issue after the site is live or if you can duplicate on a live server?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

Ok, I’ll repost when I go live with the theme, maybe you can take a look. I just don’t get why the functionality is there when it’s disabled, maybe the code that checks for it somehow still thinks it’s enabled. Not sure a plugin would do that, unless it was a cache of some sort. Anyway.. will see.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can just edit the original topic and use the private URL field of this thread.

Just comment here again when you do ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

Ok, I edited the topic.

Same thing on the live site, I had to use CSS to hide them as they’re really distracting, would prefer to do it via code though, as it’s more efficient for the load.

It seems to grab a random image from a post and put it above the post.

Is there any way to check see what’s happening without me removing the CSS and them on show ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is there a specific page I should be looking at?

And what CSS are you using to hide it? I can just remove it using developer tool to see what you mean.

Michael

This is the CSS

.page-header-image img{
    display:none;
    }

I’ve updated the site url to an example page where it might show.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael, do you have a featured image set on any of those pages?

Michael

I have featured images set on almost all posts, but not many pages. As is (without the CSS hack) it seems to grab a featured image and place it above different parts of the site. On the homepage it grabs a logo and puts it above the content.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried disabling other plugins? Or any custom scripts you have in place?

Michael

I’ve tried a few of the ones I thought may interfere with the theme potentially, but it still does the same. It does some strange things too. I set my body background yesterday, today it was gone? Same for the header background, that was gone too. When I tried to change the body background in customise mode, it worked the first few times, then it stopped updating it? going back out and in again solved the problem. I’ve no idea why the background settings would disappear overnight.

I can’t see why a plugin would activate your theme header image feature when it’s disabled? Unless I’m not understanding the nature of the problem?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that doesn’t sound right. We haven’t received any similar reports on this so I don’t think GP is causing it.

Try disabling all plugins except GP premium to test and make sure there isn’t any custom functions added.

Michael

Ironic isn’t it, I contacted a couple of plugin authors who said disable the theme, as it’s a theme related issue. Further to this, I installed GP basic on a new site just now and the headers there are active on the home page. Completely different setup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.