[Support request] Header images not loading in GT Metrix

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header images not loading in GT Metrix

Home Forums Support Header images not loading in GT Metrix

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kristy

Hi there. Huge fan of this theme! It’s so fast and intuitive, great job!

I have a strange issue that maybe your brain could shed some light on. I’ve got generate press running on my development site and I’ve made a child theme. I intermittently run gtmetrix tests to be sure the site stays fast. Since yesterday the little preview that loads on gtmetrix isn’t loading the page header, nor is it listing the images as loaded. The pages load fine on all desktops and mobile devices I check, and they load and look fine in Pingdom Tools. I have custom media queries built in to change the way the header loads on different sized media but I cannot seem to replicate the view that comes up on gtmetrix.

Do you think I could send you the links and you could take a look? I don’t want them to be public…

Please let me know. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, first thing that comes to mind is maybe your images are pointing to your development site which of course isn’t reachable by GT Metrix? The images need to be hosted on a live server in order for other people/websites to see them.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kristy

Hi Tom
    No, I’ve got a live development site. And the images were there – up until recently it displayed everything fine…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the site?

Kristy

sure, can i send it to you privately somehow?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Kristy

Ok – I used the presale form – hope that is ok.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Nice site!

Very strange, it seems it isn’t getting an up to date version maybe? I noticed you’re using a caching plugin, try flushing the cache and deactivating the plugin – it might be messing with how GT Metrix scans your website.

Either way, I wouldn’t worry too much about it – the scores are more important than the screenshot, and the site looks great to regular users πŸ™‚

Kristy

Thanks πŸ™‚
    I’m using the plugins you suggested for optimization – Autoptimize and Asynch Javascript but no other caching plugin.
    Ok, I’ll try not to let it bother me haha. Can you drag a corner and see how the media queries do? I was thinking GT Metrix wasn’t reading those properly maybe…

Kristy

Actually in the gtmetrix list under “Optimize the order of styles and scripts”
    It says:
    The following inline script blocks were found in http://… site/ between an external CSS file and another resource. To allow parallel downloading, move the inline script before the external CSS file, or after the next resource.
    – Inline script block #2

Do you know how to move that script up? If not no worries, I’ll do some research!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just went to test his on Firefox and I’m seeing a database error now?

Kristy

yeah the sql server went down. it is back up now!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All seems good in Firefox as well, even with the media queries.

Tested in Pingdom (tools.pingdom.com) and your site looks right.

Not sure why GT Metrix is acting weird – if you find out why definitely let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.