- This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 1 week ago by Leo.
September 13, 2020 at 4:22 pm #1441838Emory Craig
I stupidly messed some things up and could use your help on Digital Bodies. I used to have a full-width logo header image which also served as a navigation link back to the home page. All worked well until at some point, I must have deleted a hook/element or messed up some CSS. I now see that my header image is not rendering. I looked high and low through the support forums this weekend but couldn’t find the solution I used and was hoping you could point me in the right direction or help out.
Note that the website looks okay now as I came up with a temporary fix to get me through the weekend. I am currently using a background image for the header, and a separate one for mobile. However, the only way I get those images positioned properly was to adjust the header top padding to 165px (don’t know why). It works for now, though I had to disable breadcrumbs as they obviously also got repositioned when I did that. So not in crisis mode at the moment, but obviously it’s not the functionality I had or want.
So again, what I am looking for (and had something like) was a full-width header image that (I think served as the logo) and also allowed users to click on it to return to the home page.
I am running the latest versions of the theme and Generate Premium (and up to date on everything else since I’m hosted on Kinsta). Happy to share my CSS or give you temp access to the site if that helps.
Thanks again for your support for all of us (I learn so much just regularly visiting the GP support forums!).
EmorySeptember 13, 2020 at 6:51 pm #1441915LeoStaffCustomer Support
So basically you are hoping to keep the current look but with a link to the home page on the image?
If so uploading that image as the site logo should work:
Then set the header paddings to 0s.
Let me know if this helps 🙂September 14, 2020 at 4:42 pm #1443332Emory Craig
Thanks for the prompt response (was expecting anything until today). I tried that solution this morning and I just a blank where the header should be (so went back to my original temporary fix). I even tried removing all of my CSS modifications thinking that something there might be the issue but it didn’t solve it.
Should I try deactivating and reactivating plugins one by one? May have to wait until near the end of the week if that’s what I need to do as the site will have heavy traffic until Thursday due to the Facebook conference.
EmorySeptember 14, 2020 at 5:32 pm #1443347LeoStaffCustomer Support
Hmm my solution above should definitely work.
Unfortunately it’s tough to determine the issue without seeing it live.
Any chance you can start a staging site so we can try some debugging steps?September 15, 2020 at 8:30 am #1444397Emory Craig
Thanks, Leo. Will try to set up a staging site later today/this evening!
EmorySeptember 15, 2020 at 8:56 am #1444426LeoStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 17, 2020 at 6:48 pm #1447943Emory Craig
Only minor issue now is that I later check page speed in GTMetrix it seems that deactivating that plugin did change my site performance report – it went from a 98% PageSpeed Score and a 90% YSlow score to
a 89% PageSpeed Score and a 90% YSlow score
That’s not the end of the world, but obviously a drop from what it was. Any ideas on how to resolve I might resolve that? Below is my full list of plugins – perhaps there are ways to get the score back up through one of the ones that relate to performance?
Thanks again (and no huge rush on this as we are up and functioning)!
gp-premium Active 1.11.3
health-check-troubleshooting-mode Must use
kinsta-mu-plugins Must use 2.3.1 No update
advanced-cache.php DropinSeptember 18, 2020 at 9:56 am #1449003LeoStaffCustomer Support
Here are our optimization tips:
Also make sure that you’ve deactivated and deleted any plugins that you aren’t actually using.September 18, 2020 at 2:21 pm #1449281Emory Craig
I think I’m all set. One curious point for you all to know, I followed your link to Tom’s optimization tips and setup Autoptimize just as he recommended and ran into the exact same problem all over again – the header image does not render (even though it is there and clicking on the blank space returns you to the home page). So I disabled and tweaked the site in a few other ways that got my PaageSpeed Score back up to a respectable 97%.
Again, thanks much and have a great weekend!
EmorySeptember 19, 2020 at 1:19 pm #1450306LeoStaffCustomer Support
I really don’t see how Autopimize can cause that issue.
We would need to do some further debugging by disabling all plugin except Autopimize to see if that fixes the issue.
Let me know if you want to take a deeper look 🙂September 20, 2020 at 12:26 pm #1451374Emory Craig
Thanks Leo! I’ll take a deeper look on my own later on. It’s a curious issue as I know Autoptimize should work. But since everything is working okay without it and we solved the header problem, there’s no urgency on this one.
We can close this support request and thanks for your help!
EmorySeptember 21, 2020 at 8:30 am #1452507
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.