[Resolved] Header Image on Blog page does not display for SOME sizes

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header Image on Blog page does not display for SOME sizes

Home Forums Support Header Image on Blog page does not display for SOME sizes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    guyhanchet

On the Blog page I want a resized image to appear. So I set an image size on the Customize Blog Featured Images. Most images display fine, but some get replaced by a little icon and the name of the image. For example I am looking at this behaviour on an image when the size is set to (200, auto). If I change it to (199, auto) the resized image image appears correctly.

It doesn’t seem to matter what image size I choose, there is usually some image that will not display properly. I’ve tried various combinations and the pseudo random behaviour can be reproduced.

I’ve left it broken at this URL http://peterborough.forourgrandchildren.ca/page/2/ so you can see what it looks like.

It’s kind of vexing, especially since I can’t find a pattern.

Guy Hanchet

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not seeing anything broken? Here is what I see:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/HpinQvZeI8

Let me know if I miss something ๐Ÿ™‚

guyhanchet

I looked again – it’s still broken, although I sure see that your’s looks good.
    So I turned off caching on server side, cleared browser cache, and it’s still broken, even in a different browser.
    If I could send you a screenshot I would show you what it looks like inside customizer as well as on the site.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not sure if screenshots would really help.

Can you try in private browsing mode (incognito for chrome) just to clear all browser caching issue?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

And maybe try clearing your server caching as well…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What format of image are you uploading? The resizer currently isn’t compatible with .gif images for example.

I’m seeing the images fine on my side as well though.

guyhanchet

I also thought it might be image format, and for one of the munged images when I converted it from PNG to JPG it worked. But with the pseudo-random behaviour I believe it was merely a coincidence. I also looked in detail at the HTML generated – resize parameter was exactly what you would expect.

After sleeping on it I tried the next most obvious thing, which was to turn off the JetPack image cache that I had forgotten about. Now I don’t see any of the behaviour I was seeing before. I will leave it turned off as it causes more trouble than it’s worth. I may turn server side cache back on after a few days of stability. I don’t understand what was happening or why, but I’ll not lose any more time over it.

Support from you guys is amazing – fast and thorough even when it was clearly not directly a GeneratePress problem.

Thanks for looking into my trouble.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for reporting back and glad we could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.