[Resolved] header image link, header image mobile, no navigation

Home Forums Support header image link, header image mobile, no navigation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charles

Hi guys,

I’m working on a very simple site, which will only contain a few pages. I want to link the entire header image to the home page on every page of the site. Is there a box in customize to add a link? (Old solutions in the forum required using CSS, I wonder if this has been updated.)

Also, I thought there used to be a way to upload a mobile image in logo but I don’t see it now (only retina). How do I specify a separate image for mobile?

And, this site is not going to have any navigation – just some links in the home page to other pages – I don’t see a way to disable navigation, do I need to just move the content up in CSS to remove the navigation space?

Thanks
    Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Header Link – would need to add a link to the header Element as currently there is no site logo to use. You could add a HTML Widget containing the link to the Header Widget and we can use some CSS to get it to cover the site header.

2. Mobile logo is available in Customizer > Layout > Header after activating the Mobile Header.

3. Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation –> Location – No Location.

Charles

1. I find the use of Header and Logo really confusing, even more so given this support question where Tom says there is no difference. Even more confusing, there are two places to set a Header image, and one for a Logo:

Background Images -> Header
    Layout -> Header
    Site Identity -> Logo

They all produce the same result (except that Logo puts the image under the header section it seems) in three different places. None of them have the ability to link the image, or part of it. Can you tell me what the preferred method is to do this?

2. In my version, 1.8.3 of premium, there is no Mobile Header in the activation list.

3. Got it, thanks.

Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. The Header is the Container to which you can apply a background.
    The Site Logo is an element that sits inside the Site Header by default ( it can also be placed inside the Navigation ).
    The Site Logo or Site Title is what has the Anchor Link attached.

Remove the Header > Background and instead add the image as the Site Logo – then the image will have the Home Link attached.

2. Can you make sure you have the Appearance > GeneratePress > Menu Plus module activated.

Charles

Got it! Thanks David.
    Charles

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.