- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 1 week ago by David.
October 15, 2019 at 8:38 am #1035359Charles
I’m working on a very simple site, which will only contain a few pages. I want to link the entire header image to the home page on every page of the site. Is there a box in customize to add a link? (Old solutions in the forum required using CSS, I wonder if this has been updated.)
Also, I thought there used to be a way to upload a mobile image in logo but I don’t see it now (only retina). How do I specify a separate image for mobile?
And, this site is not going to have any navigation – just some links in the home page to other pages – I don’t see a way to disable navigation, do I need to just move the content up in CSS to remove the navigation space?
CharlesOctober 15, 2019 at 11:55 am #1035568DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. Header Link – would need to add a link to the header Element as currently there is no site logo to use. You could add a HTML Widget containing the link to the Header Widget and we can use some CSS to get it to cover the site header.
2. Mobile logo is available in Customizer > Layout > Header after activating the Mobile Header.
3. Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation –> Location – No Location.October 18, 2019 at 8:16 am #1038242Charles
1. I find the use of Header and Logo really confusing, even more so given this support question where Tom says there is no difference. Even more confusing, there are two places to set a Header image, and one for a Logo:
Background Images -> Header
Layout -> Header
Site Identity -> Logo
They all produce the same result (except that Logo puts the image under the header section it seems) in three different places. None of them have the ability to link the image, or part of it. Can you tell me what the preferred method is to do this?
2. In my version, 1.8.3 of premium, there is no Mobile Header in the activation list.
3. Got it, thanks.
CharlesOctober 18, 2019 at 5:59 pm #1038525DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. The Header is the Container to which you can apply a background.
The Site Logo is an element that sits inside the Site Header by default ( it can also be placed inside the Navigation ).
The Site Logo or Site Title is what has the Anchor Link attached.
Remove the Header > Background and instead add the image as the Site Logo – then the image will have the Home Link attached.
2. Can you make sure you have the Appearance > GeneratePress > Menu Plus module activated.October 20, 2019 at 8:03 am #1039671Charles
Got it! Thanks David.
CharlesOctober 20, 2019 at 8:05 am #1039675
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.