[Support request] Header Icons stack up on right

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header Icons stack up on right

Home Forums Support Header Icons stack up on right

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Gevorg

Hello,

Could you please tell me how to make the icons on header align next to each other instead of stacking up on the right side when there is still plenty of space available?

This is how it was before I added the Chet Sheets icon and I want to keep the regular alignment.

https://www.chemistrysteps.com/

Thank you,

GP Premium 1.6.2
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you have quite a lot of custom CSS in your style sheet. Is there any chance you comment out the code relating to the Header and Navigation and then i can look at providing a working solution.

Gevorg

Hey David,

Yes, the developer did the styles but I don’t know any details. It is currently right click-disabled. Should I enable that or can I give you access so that you could take a look?

Thank you,

Gevorg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is the developer still available? There is quite a lot of CSS that needs to be removed, which is something we can’t do directly for you, liability reasons. Is that possible?

Do you also have a rough draft of how the header should look on desktop and mobile?

Gevorg

I hired them at codeable so I can contact them there but they will probably look at it as a separate project since this was about two months ago. Some of the custom CSS is for the tabs on honepage, not the header. If you could check for any possibility, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Understood, are you able to to access the Child Theme Style sheet? If so then we can walk through the changes.

Gevorg

Would it be easier if I give you an access and you do the changes? I understand you mentioned about liability, but don’t worry about it, it is in a staging environment and the worst, we can undo it.

I also don’t want to be pushing, so if you think it is better to walk me through that’s absolutely understandable too. Just that I don’t have any background and maybe we can avoid writing back and forth especially if a lot of the code needs to be removed.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The best i can do is, take a copy of the child theme style sheet (which i have). Remove the problem code. And send that over to you. But you will need to add this to your child theme in place of the existing one. Then i can look at creating the layout you need. That’s the best i can do. If you’re ok with that then i can do that in the morning?

Gevorg

OK, sounds good. Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so make a back up of your existing Child theme style sheet (just in case). And then replace it with this one here:

https://gist.github.com/ea1ba379c2f8171effa5dd8a270ff06e

Gevorg

Can I copy and paste it into the current file within WordPress editor? I don’t know how to add a file.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can, making sure you have the child theme style.css selected. preferably it is better to access the site over FTP and replace the files there. Just make sure you have a backup in case ๐Ÿ™‚

Gevorg

OK. Thanks!

Gevorg

David, that was like a charm… Thank you so much!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome ๐Ÿ™‚ I was hoping to get it done first time, so glad to hear it worked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.