[Support request] header/content/footer margin

Home Forums Support [Support request] header/content/footer margin

Home Forums Support header/content/footer margin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marco

Hello
    currently my content goes from edge to edge in the browser – where can I give it some padding left and right that would be consistent to all the content sections like header/content/footer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Your content should use the padding set in Customize > Layout > Container.

If it’s ignoring those values, it likely means you’re using the Page Builder Container option: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

That option should be set to Default if you want your content padding to apply.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marco

Hello Tom
    Thanks for replying – I might be a little closer – maybe it’s just me but having lined up everything nicely seems to be rather difficult – maybe too many options, I don’t know.

Nevertheless I think there is an issue with the footer widget settings – in order to line up the footer widget content nicely to the left with the content before, the content padding is applied to the .footer-widgets container, before the container that gets the max-width set – the content padding is set within the max-width container.

you may want to look into that and set the left/right padding for the widgets on the .inside-footer-widgets container

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not too sure what you mean – any chance you can share a screenshot showcasing the issue?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Marco

Sent you an email with some screenshots yesterday

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We actually have a solution for this coming in GP 2.3. For now, your CSS solution will work πŸ™‚

Be sure to send future screenshots to our support email: support@generatepress.com

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.