[Support request] header/banner issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] header/banner issue

Home Forums Support header/banner issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Craig

Hi,

I am using the Artisan theme which I love. The header/hero sections of the pages and blogs are great and I really want to use these for all pages.

For the homepage, blog page and individual blog pages these work great. I’ve even customized them with colours and background images.

My issue is with existing pages (other than the homepage) and any new pages I create – I cannot seem to make these appear? Am I doing something wrong or do I need to add code?

For example, I have an existing About, disclaimer and Privacy Policy that I’d like these headers to appear on as I’d like to keep everything consistent. I just can’t seem to figure this last bit out.

my site is in staging mode at the moment – i can provide you access to the staging version of my site if need be.

Thanks
    Craig

Thanks
    Craig

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Site uses the Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

TLDR – go to Appearance > Elements.
    Within you should see Header Element assigned to Front Page, Posts etc.
    Edit the one that includes the Posts and on its Display Rules tab you can add Pages to the Locations as well.

Craig

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a change I did before contacting you guys and it didn’t work as I figured this was the reason why it was not displaying.

I’ve gone through the steps again today and it still doesn’t work. I’ve also tried adding specific pages in (about, disclaimer etc) separately and all pages within the display rule section, but neither of these options work.

Is there something I’m missing?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you go into Appearance > Elements and take a screenshot of the Elements list so i can see if there are any display rule conflicts.

Craig

I can’t see how to attach an image to this message? The only way I can send an image is with a link (URL)?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, you need to provide links to those images 🙂

Craig

Hi again,

screenshot should be lined now header

Craig
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be simpler if you send over temporary admin login details so i can take a look.
    You can send them via the Account Issue form, please add the URL of this topic so we can track:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Craig

Hi David,

No problem, don’t I need an email address from you guys to create a login for you?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can simply create a new Admin user and provide us the username and password.

Craig

I have just submitted a support request with log in details

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It doesn’t like the password you sent me on the URL you provided in the original topic ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.