[Resolved] Header and Sticky Nav Jumps

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header and Sticky Nav Jumps

Home Forums Support Header and Sticky Nav Jumps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    José Manuel

Hi,

I open another thread as you told me. When I activate the “Sticky Navigation” option, it seems that the header jumps when the movement begins and when it ends.

It is true that it is solved by activating the “Use Navigation as Header” option, but I don’t think it is the best thing for SEO to do without the header element of your website.

I send you a video so you can see it better: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k7y6M8RtbUACX5eyvcpXrNUzibPQrfji/view?usp=sharing

I await your response, thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The navigation as a header option is definitely the way to go and it’s one of the most popular options amongst our users.

I don’t believe it matters for SEO either. Where are you getting this info?

José Manuel

Hi,

I’m sorry I explained myself badly, I use the Google translator to write to you and maybe the message doesn’t come as well as I would like.

It is not correct to say that it can harm SEO, rather we lose some “positive points” that can help us for a better positioning. The semantics in HTML5 tags are important for bots to better understand the content of a website, by removing the header we are eliminating one of the 3 basic elements that it must have: <header>, <main> and <footer>.

On the other hand, I have another question: Why does the <footer> only include the copyright section? Shouldn’t I also have the section with the widgets?

I also take the opportunity to congratulate you for the great work you have done with the template.

I wait your answer thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

No one has a clear answer whether Search Engines use HTML5 semantic tags such as <header> to rank a site. If it was really important then all Top Ranking websites would include one. Personally i believe it has very little value then to make it clearer for people reading code to understand the structure.

Footer Widgets are a separate element to the <footer> which traditionally contains specific site information see here:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_footer.asp

José Manuel

Well, we have some discrepancies about this but we are also very happy with the template 😀 😀

Thanks for the answers.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.