[Support request] Header and footer not showing the same in blog page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header and footer not showing the same in blog page

Home Forums Support Header and footer not showing the same in blog page

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mildmac SA (ESA78960895)

Hello, in the website that I send you, both in the header and in the footer I used a shorcode including content made with elementor that extends to the whole width of the page (you can see that up in the thin blue line above, and below, the footer block which is in light blue color). This goes well on all pages except the blog, but only in the archive listings pages (main, categories´, author´s…). But curiously, in the detail post pages also goes well. I do not know why that is happening. I revised all the configurations but I can not find it. Could you please help me? Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try setting both widths here to full?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-layout/#inner-header-width

Since you are using Elementor for it I believe the width should be set within Elementor as well.

Let me know.

Mildmac SA (ESA78960895)

Hi Leo,
    It is so. The settings for the header are: Header Width Full and Inner Header width contained
    And also elementor is full width. And it also happens with the footer. I used one widget with an elementor shortcode, everything full width. That´s why it appears ok in the rest of the site. If you navigate the rest of the pages, even any single post page, everything is ok. It only happens in three pages: blog main page, archives page and categories page. I mean, the blog pages with listings. It is very strange. I don´t know what can be happening. It seems to be something forced into those blog pages code, but I don´t know what.
    Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you right click + Inspect the blog page, you’ll see a few console errors in red.

Those are javascript errors which are preventing Elementor from forcing the section to go full width, as they use javascript to do it.

Alternatively, you could just set the inner container to full width as well, and add any containers within the Elementor section.

Mildmac SA (ESA78960895)

I´ve tried that, but it does not work, as I didn´t substitute the whole GP header with elementor. I just added a shortcode, but the rest (logo, navigation…) comes from GP header settings. If I extend the inner container, then everything extendes in every page, even having containers in elementor (that I already has), beacause logo and navigation does not depend upon elementor, but GP.
    Furthermore, I can´t undersatnd why Blog archive pages are the only pages where this happens, beacause the rest of the site pages are ok, even blog single pages. What´s the difference between blog archive pages and the rest of the site pages? I guess that could be the key.
    Sorry I´m not a programmer….
    Thanks
    Rafael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe the difference is the javascript errors: https://www.screencast.com/t/WoOWrF5nBl5

One is from a slider plugin, and others are from Elementor (failing to go full width).

It may be the slider error causing Elementor to fail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.