[Support request] Header and Footer Hook not displaying on Woo product catalog

Home Forums Support [Support request] Header and Footer Hook not displaying on Woo product catalog

Home Forums Support Header and Footer Hook not displaying on Woo product catalog

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Krisztina

Hi,
    I’ve created a header and a footer template with Elementor Pro. I’ve created a layout element and disabled the site header, mobile header, primary navigation and footer. Than created a hook element for the header and footer as well. I’ve executed it according to the guide linked below (GP pro, Elementor pro).

https://www.gmitropapas.com/how-to-hook-elementor-headers-and-footers-in-generatepress/

My problem is that the header and footer is not showing on the Woo Webshop page and in the product catalogs. Everything else including the single product pages looks fine. Could you please advise what could have gone wrong? Please check e.g. the ‘about’ versus the ‘webshop’ tab on our site below.

https://vandor.studio/webshop/

Thank you for your guidance in advance,
    Best,
    Krisztina

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what are your Display Rules in Hook Element ?

To note the Shop page is: Product Archive.

Krisztina

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply! It is set to ‘entire site’ for both.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

And what are the hooks ?

Krisztina

wp_footer for the footer and wp_head for the header. Nothing is excluded and only the execute shortcode in checked under the setings tab (only the shortcode of the elementor template is inserted where the code should be added, nothing else).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm…. you shouldn’t really use either of those hooks for adding ‘HTML’
    Why not use the purpose built Header and Footer options listed in the Hooks ?

Krisztina

I’ve tried all the options before I opened a topic. Now I’ve changed it back to ‘generate_footer’ and ‘generate_header’. Cleared cache. Checked it. The problem looks still the same for me. Everything looks fine except for the webshop page and product catalog as I see.

I thought that it is a good idea to use the templates with hooks but probably not. Should I aproach it in a different way?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As long as there isn’t anything interfering with the theme templates then those hooks should work.
    What happens if you include in the Display Rules > Location: Product Archive ?

Krisztina

I thought it would be a genious idea 😀 But unfortunately it is not working. Although, I realized there should be some kind of confilct. As I set the Display Rules > Location: to product archive (only-meaning that removing the entire site option) the template is not visible anywhere. But! the copyright tagline is still visible only on the product catalog page and on the webshop page. So I thought I should remove the otherwise useless copyright sentence under the Customize > Layout > Footer tab. But when I removed the custom sentence I have added some time ago and I set the number of footer widgets to 0, the following line apears only on the 2 above mentioned pages: ‘© 2022 Vándor Studio • Built with GeneratePress’. If you visit the site now you will probably see that. Now I activated the hook again for the entire site, but the ‘built with generatepress’ is still there in the footer.

Is it possible that there is a basic header and footer only for these 2 pages we are talking about, which is in conflict with the hook?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Krisztina,

Woocommerce pages should be using the same header and footer as other pages if its templates are not altered.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP premium, Elementor, Woocommerce to test?

If you are using a child theme, can you switch to the parent theme as well?

Let us know!

Krisztina

Hi Ying,
    Thank you for your support! In the end it seems I found it. Thank you for the tip! When I disabled the Code Snippets plugin it seems the Woo pages are fine. But I went further, inspected the snippets and found that when a code is active which is sorting out of stock products to the end of the list, it is causing the problem. When I disable it the page looks fine 🙂 Hurray 🙂

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome! Glad you figured it out 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.