[Resolved] Having trouble uploading the header image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Having trouble uploading the header image

Home Forums Support Having trouble uploading the header image

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ivaylo Baev

Hay guys, i just signed up for this service and it looks great so far. I have trouble uploading the header image i want to have on top of my page, tho. When i try to chose a file from the sidebar and upload it nothing happens. Drag and drop doesnt work either. The theme im using is Mantle 0.6. Tried doing it on the original GeneratePress theme and it doesnt work there either. I have no problem with that on any other non GeneratePress theme. Any suggestions ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s very odd.

The issue is most likely plugin related causing a JS error on the customizer page.

Can you email me at support@generatepress.com with your URL, username and password (you can create a temp admin account for me) so I can see if I can figure out what’s wrong?

Thanks,
    Tom

Ivaylo Baev

Thanks for the quick response, man. I set up your account and sent you the password. Thanks for your business πŸ™‚

ps: username is “tom”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would guess it has something to do with all the warnings on your site being generated by WordPress SEO.

Luckily, these are just warnings and can be turned off.

You’ll need to edit your wp-config.php file in the root directory of the site.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug

Look for something like this: define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

And turn the “true” to a “false” like this: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

I’m assuming it’s WP_DEBUG that’s on. If not, you may need to give your hosting a call and ask them to turn off notices in PHP.

Let me know if this helps or not πŸ™‚

Ivaylo Baev

I checked it out and its turned off. Im running a standard godaddy hosting and as i said im just getting this issue with generatepress themes. Do i need to pre-crop the header image before trying to upload it or it doesnt have nothing to do with this ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Was just doing some more testing and decided to try to upload an image directly to the Media Library (which has nothing to do with GeneratePress).

I received this error:

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /home/…/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 934

I did a quick search and found this: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/issue-with-installing-themes-or-even-uploading-images-into-media

Looks like you may need to call GoDaddy and ask them to update PHP on your server.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Were you able to resolve this?

Ivaylo Baev

Hay,

didnt have any time to spare on this issue till today. I got on the phone with the tech support at godaddy and was told that everybody on my server is doing fine and its up to date. His idea was the images might be too big but thats not the case. Any other suggestions :/ ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, well that’s definitely not the error you would receive if the image was too large.

Were you able to give him the specific error I posted above?

Ivaylo Baev

Hay Tom,

dont know how but i got it to work now xd. I updated some of the plugins and its perfectly fine. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into solving this.

All the best

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad you fixed it πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.